PDA

View Full Version : Rejected photo explanation wanted

MOKSRail
10-15-2004, 03:12 AM
Not to nit pick here, but I can't understand why this was rejected. The appeal rejection didn't provide any reason except for bad crop. The photo wasn't cropped.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=57503

Lord Vader
10-15-2004, 04:05 AM
I did not screen this photo, but my bet would be that it needs to be closer to 800x600 or 1024x768. Also, there is quite a bit of grain in that, so if you rescan it, try to save it at a higher resolution to reduce the grain. Thanks for submitting and your question.

railwayman85
10-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Its not that good :(

railwayman85
10-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Actually your picture is not that bad :) but they probably rejected it because there is already many pictures taken that area. Theres 2 full pages of Raton New Mexico. So, they likely compared your picture to those, and decided that yours didn't make the grade :shock:

rpalmer
10-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Actually your picture is not that bad :) but they probably rejected it because there is already many pictures taken that area. Theres 2 full pages of Raton New Mexico. So, they likely compared your picture to those, and decided that yours didn't make the grade :shock:

I doubt it - otherwise the entire NS CNO&TP line through Kentucky would be closed for additional photo submissions (sorry guys - I couldn't resist :lol: )
I suspect that the screener didn't like how the photo was composed - with the train tight against the right frame of the photo and lots of "space" in the left portion.

E.M. Bell
10-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Mr Palmer Pontificated...

"I doubt it - otherwise the entire NS CNO&TP line through Kentucky would be closed for additional photo submissions (sorry guys - I couldn't resist)"

Hey , I can hardly afford fuel and insurance on the Hummer that Kilroy bought all the screeners....when gas is cheap again, Ill go a wandering like I used to :) besides, given our choices of OTHER railroads around here (RJ Corman...AKA the devil) and CSX....well, Ill take my chances on NS :lol:

as for the rejected photo, I didnt screen that one, but I would guess all the daead space is the reason for the bad crop rejection.

cmherndon
10-16-2004, 08:18 AM
given our choices of OTHER railroads around here (RJ Corman...AKA the devil) and CSX....well, Ill take my chances on NS

Yeah, at least NS tries to run a scheduled railroad. :D