PDA

View Full Version : Perkiomen Trespassers

Nightfisher
08-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm posting this for all to see. My family owns most of the land on the south side of the Vera Cruz horse shoe, this land is private property. There are pics on this site that were taken from my backyard. In the pics the back of a NO TRESPASSING sign is clearly visible along the tracks. Last time a passenger event was held I got several calls that people were all over my property, setting up tripods 10-30 yards off the tracks in my back yard, using our swings and picnic benches, and knocking down corn in our fields to set up ladders to take pictures. Our front yard was trashed by all the vehicles parking on the grass. And some had the nerve to park in my driveway, blocking it. When I got there and confronted these folks I got the response - We knocked to ask permission but no one answered. Sorry but this behavior will not be tolerated. Please stay off the horse shoe between Acorn Drive and Main Rd. East. No permission will be given and Trespassers will be prosecuted

TheRoadForeman
08-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Where is this located? Which state are you in?

Nightfisher
08-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Vera Cruz Pa.

ShortlinesUSA
08-02-2009, 01:47 AM
This appears to be along the old Reading Perkiomen Branch out of Emmaus, PA, operated by Penn Eastern Railroad (ESPN).

trainboysd40
08-02-2009, 04:59 AM
Okay, I'll stay off your land....

ShortlinesUSA
08-02-2009, 11:52 AM
While we're on the subject of this area, can one of the locals tell me how to properly pronounce Emmaus?

Thank you!

TheRoadForeman
08-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Mm-a-us..........

JimThias
08-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm posting this for all to see. My family owns most of the land on the south side of the Vera Cruz horse shoe, this land is private property. No permission will be given and Trespassers will be prosecuted

You should consider setting up an area for paid parking/access. You could make some extra cash.

Nightfisher
08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Paid parking, we thought of that. Unfortunatly the total disregard for the no trespassing signs, along with the garbage and damage to the feilds and yard that happened when they did not have permission makes me wonder what would occur if we welcomed them in. Respect for others property does not seem high on their list. Here's one of the pics, notice the sign on the left side of the pic.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=243812

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Paid parking, we thought of that. Unfortunatly the total disregard for the no trespassing signs, along with the garbage and damage to the feilds and yard that happened when they did not have permission makes me wonder what would occur if we welcomed them in. Respect for others property does not seem high on their list. Here's one of the pics, notice the sign on the left side of the pic.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=243812
Deleted...

TheRoadForeman
08-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Boy!! Andrew, I guess that you should take note to what I have been preaching for sometime! Until I saw this post I was going to let the episode of your trespassing on my companies property go a wind! But, since this was brought to light I will say this, STAY OFF OF MY COMPANIES PROPERTY UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION! I really don't care if Mr. Nemeth called you and said that we had whatever power running whatever day. Down in Montoursville, you and your brother were up on the right of way as we entered the siding! I just want EVERYONE to know the facts here!!!!

TheRoadForeman
08-04-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm posting this for all to see. My family owns most of the land on the south side of the Vera Cruz horse shoe, this land is private property. There are pics on this site that were taken from my backyard. In the pics the back of a NO TRESPASSING sign is clearly visible along the tracks. Last time a passenger event was held I got several calls that people were all over my property, setting up tripods 10-30 yards off the tracks in my back yard, using our swings and picnic benches, and knocking down corn in our fields to set up ladders to take pictures. Our front yard was trashed by all the vehicles parking on the grass. And some had the nerve to park in my driveway, blocking it. When I got there and confronted these folks I got the response - We knocked to ask permission but no one answered. Sorry but this behavior will not be tolerated. Please stay off the horse shoe between Acorn Drive and Main Rd. East. No permission will be given and Trespassers will be prosecuted

The person that you posted the picture regarding is a SCREENER for this site! Maybe the Chris's should take note to this?!........... Let's PEQ all of his pictures, it would probably be justified. :mad:

Christopher Muller
08-04-2009, 02:55 AM
I wasn't sure this was a legit thread.

Boy!! Andrew, I guess that you should take note to what I have been preaching for sometime! Down in Montoursville, you and your brother were up on the right of way as we entered the siding! I just want EVERYONE to know the facts here!!!!

Seriously?

JimThias
08-04-2009, 03:01 AM
The person that you posted the picture regarding is a SCREENER for this site! Maybe the Chris's should take note to this?!........... Let's PEQ all of his pictures, it would probably be justified. :mad:

Oh boy... http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/16.gif

TheRoadForeman
08-04-2009, 03:08 AM
I wasn't sure this was a legit thread.

Seriously?

Yeah Chris, seriously! I just don't make random things up and then display them publicly.

ssw9662
08-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Kevin has a valid point. Andrew clearly was trespassing on private property and should have never posted the photo in question (for that matter, he shouldn't have been there in the first place). I can't say I've never trespassed before, but there is a fine line between being a few feet on private property to blatantly trespassing on someone else's land. Also, I know for a FACT that a many of the people at the East Penn are pissed off about the foamers that have invaded their right of way during most of their recent special trains, and quite honestly I'm not surprised that a property owner along the tracks has spoken out as well. The sad part is that these people screw things up for the rest of the responsible railfans who stay off private property. I hate to see my local shortline railroad have a rather intolerant attitude toward fans just because a few people came in and screwed things up (this happens all too often).

(end rant)

bigbassloyd
08-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Foamers are the reason I'm thankful to have an entire subdivision to myself..

TheRoadForeman
08-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Kevin has a valid point. Andrew clearly was trespassing on private property and should have never posted the photo in question (for that matter, we shouldn't have been there in the first place). I can't say I've never trespassed before, but there is a fine line between being a few feet on private property to blatantly trespassing on someone else's land. Also, I know for a FACT that a many of the people at the East Penn are pissed off about the foamers that have invaded their right of way during most of their recent special trains, and quite honestly I'm not surprised that a property owner along the tracks has spoken out as well. The sad part is that these people screw things up for the rest of the responsible railfans who stay off private property. I hate to see my local shortline railroad have a rather intolerant attitude toward fans just because a few foamers from Jersey came in and screwed things up (this happens all too often).

I know I will probably get flamed for this, and quite honestly I couldn't care less.

They are joining the club, WNYP and LAL for example, will not allow photographers on their property anymore due to railfans who(m) thought that they had the right..... They don't though....... ;)

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
08-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Down in Montoursville, you and your brother were up on the right of way as we entered the siding! I just want EVERYONE to know the facts here!!!!
Photo 1 - Throwing the switch for the siding. Taken next to the car on hill (just outside the car door). 12:57PM
See car in:
[photoid=284891]
Photo 2 - Done throwing switch. Taken from same spot. 12:57PM
<b>Photo 3 - Entering siding. Taken from road. 12:58PM</b>
Photo 4 - Further down the siding (last shot of series). Taken from road. 12:58PM

I don't recall sprinting up the ROW after taking these. I do recall you calling us over to tell us something which I will not post here.

Facts.

JimThias
08-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Kevin has a valid point. Andrew clearly was trespassing on private property and should have never posted the photo in question (for that matter, he shouldn't have been there in the first place). I can't say I've never trespassed before, but there is a fine line between being a few feet on private property to blatantly trespassing on someone else's land. Also, I know for a FACT that a many of the people at the East Penn are pissed off about the foamers that have invaded their right of way during most of their recent special trains, and quite honestly I'm not surprised that a property owner along the tracks has spoken out as well. The sad part is that these people screw things up for the rest of the responsible railfans who stay off private property. I hate to see my local shortline railroad have a rather intolerant attitude toward fans just because a few people came in and screwed things up (this happens all too often).

(end rant)

Just so I understand your post correctly, it's ok if you trespass just a FEW feet?

:lol:

ssw9662
08-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Just so I understand your post correctly, it's ok if you trespass just a FEW feet?

:lol:

Whoops, sorry if you took that the wrong way. Trespassing is trespassing no matter how it's done, but what I meant was that I'm sure everyone here has (knowingly or otherwise) wandered a few feet onto RR property at one time or another. That certainly doesn't make it right, but let's face it, no one here can say they have never trespassed. However, there is still a difference between that and repeatedly ignoring no trespassing signs and wandering all over private property. Without naming names and turning this into a witch hunt I'll just say that there are many fans who show blatant disrespect for private property to get the "perfect shot."

TheRoadForeman
08-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Photo 1 - Throwing the switch for the siding. Taken next to the car on hill (just outside the car door). 12:57PM
See car in:
[photoid=284891]
Photo 2 - Done throwing switch. Taken from same spot. 12:57PM
Photo 3 - Entering siding. Taken from road. 12:58PM
Photo 4 - Further down the siding (last shot of series). Taken from road. 12:58PM

I don't recall sprinting up the ROW after taking these. I do recall you calling us over to tell us something which I will not post here.

Facts.

Post it! The point is that you two did not have permission above my pay grade to be on the property (you two were, the first time when we started work in the morning), I did not (at the time) know who you guys were. When my conductor dismounted the front of my power, you guys were standing on company property. I did not say that you guys were in harms way. However, I will say this much, you were not "sprinting", I never said anything close to that. This really does not need to go further than this......

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=285571&nseq=0

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
08-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Deleted. Not worth it.

cblaz
08-04-2009, 03:46 AM
This really does not need to go further than this......
[photoid=285571]

Thanks for the views. :)

- Chris

TheRoadForeman
08-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Andrew, show us the pics before the ones you showed? Note how you moved further away from the R.O.W. during the sequence. If you took any before this, I know you were on the R.O.W. ( my conductor and myself saw you two, no reason to lie) And Chris, look at your avatar and then look in the mirror......

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
08-04-2009, 04:38 AM
Andrew, show us the pics before the ones you showed? Note how you moved further away from the R.O.W. during the sequence. If you took any before this, I know you were on the R.O.W. ( my conductor and myself saw you two, no reason to lie) And Chris, look at your avatar and then look in the mirror......
Photos 1 & 2 - 12:56PM
Photos 3 & 4 are the two before the red truck comes into the frame. 12:57PM

Chris Kilroy
08-04-2009, 05:59 AM
I think this has run its course.