PDA

View Full Version : Getty and Northern F unit 402

Cameraman
09-04-2009, 02:59 AM
Anyone know the status of Gettysburg and Northern 402, F unit in Pioneer Lines yellow and black running out of Gettysburg, PA? I have seen the 1755, in Algoma Central colors, recently in service but its been about a year since the 402 has been scene.

Also what is the status of the other Pioneer F units? P&W had two but most recent photos only show one.

At one time G&N had an A-B-A set at the shop but I didn't follow them closely and now I am uncertain as to were they are?

CM

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
09-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Anyone know the status of Gettysburg and Northern 402, F unit in Pioneer Lines yellow and black running out of Gettysburg, PA? I have seen the 1755, in Algoma Central colors, recently in service but its been about a year since the 402 has been scene.

Also what is the status of the other Pioneer F units? P&W had two but most recent photos only show one.

At one time G&N had an A-B-A set at the shop but I didn't follow them closely and now I am uncertain as to were they are?

CM
If 1001 is back in service, that is probably why you aren't seeing 402 which according to RRPA was running in October '08. Since there are no passenger trains because of trackwork, four engines in operation isn't necessary so they chose 402 to sit until when/if they run again. You must remember, F units aren't the ideal switching power so they would much rather use the geeps which have a place to stand. 1755 is probably in better mechanical shape so when they do use an F, it's the one they use.