PDA

View Full Version : A REASON WHY

aprobb
11-15-2004, 12:54 AM
YOU REALLY NEED TO GIVE A REAL REASON WHY PHOTOS ARE REJECTED. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS ONE :x

http://www.facingpoint.com/forums/uploads/post-47-1100481690.jpg

mtrails
11-15-2004, 01:13 AM
I think the photo is just under the size requirment (at least 800x600).

aprobb
11-15-2004, 01:17 AM
actually i just cropped just to fit the post so I can show you guys. That's not the original size

JButler
11-15-2004, 01:24 AM
What reason did they give for rejecting it? It looks like an in focus, well lighted roster shot. I know they say they prefer more imaginative shots, but then you risk some other rejection.

aprobb
11-15-2004, 01:36 AM
well, they said, bad cropping, then i editted it, then they said wrong info, but it wasn't wrong, it is a ( Union Pacific AC44CWCTE, 5754) then I corrected it, then they said bad cropping again, I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY JUST PUT THE REAL REASON, STOP MAKING UP REASON GUYS, JUST TELL US sheeeeeesh :x

Chris Starnes
11-15-2004, 03:39 AM
Have you thought about appealing or would your rather come here and whine about it?

Despite it needing a little bit of a tighter crop (since it is a roster shot), I think it would be accepted if you were to appeal.

E.M. Bell
11-15-2004, 04:59 AM
I looked at your reject stats, and that shot appears to be a tad unlevel and needs a tighter crop considering it is a roster shot of a common engine. the size is fine.

just for the record, the the way the screeing windows are set up for us, there is NO way that a photo can be rejected without the "reason" field being filled out...the sytstem will not allow that. The only way that you will recive a blank email is if a screener kicks a certain shot to the editors que for a second opinion. You wants the "real" reason it was rejected...just read your email closer and you will know.

Should you choose to upload again, it would be a more prudent course to appeal any rejections BEFORE crying to the forums, you are a lot more likely to get it taken care of that way.

aprobb
11-15-2004, 06:12 AM
I did appeal it and they still didn't accept it.

aprobb
11-15-2004, 06:18 AM
okay, here i cropped it, thought I'd see what you guys think first before I upload so I don't get another rejection e-mail, This isn't the real size, it's larger.

http://www.facingpoint.com/forums/uploads/post-47-1100501541.jpg

SP3722
11-15-2004, 08:17 AM
The kiddies have been whining about rejection again..... :twisted:

http://www.facingpoint.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=47&t=6159&hl=&s=1588bc356bd4288ad283f7c3ceab4e01

aprobb
11-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm not a kid, I just want answers why it was rejected, They don't explain why and the photo is really good :x

Chris Starnes
11-15-2004, 02:41 PM
You never appealed this shot. You appealed a similar one that was indeed a bad crop, but not this one.

If you are coming here to whine, at least state the facts.

aprobb
11-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Okay it's accepted, sorry about that all, It is just really frusterating when you go railfanning all day trying to get the best pics possible, and they all get rejected, From now on I will just ask advice of the photos and not whine, I didn't mean to whine, Just wanted advice but it didn't come across that was because I was a little angry, Thanks guys :P

mtrails
11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
In one instance, I had a photo rejected, and no reason was included. I don't know if this is the same case, since it wasn't stated in your post(s). A second e-mail did come through, minutes later with a reason. I would assume this was a glitch? Maybe the screener was so tired from screening, that he fell asleep, and the server "timed out" and was tired of waiting for input! :lol:

Personaly, I like to determine for myself if the photo is acceptable worthy before I bring it to RP, and if it's rejected for bad cropping, I crop it until it's either accepted, or another reason is given. Whatever the reason, no matter how good I think the photo is, I tuck it in my belt and take it with me the next time I take a photo, or edit before I submit. I'm still stumbling on the path of "photographer" myself.