PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer Line

Nahant
09-30-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm planning on fanning the Bloomer Line in eastern Illinois in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone knew anything about there operations. Some of the things I was wondering about are if certain days are better then others and what type of time schedule they run on? Any help would be appreciated.

ShortlinesUSA
10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Now is the best time of year to go-- their customers are primarily agricultural, and it is harvest time. Shops are at Gibson City, IL along with the primary base of operations. Any weekday should be good right now. They would possibly be busy enough to be working a weekend day at this time of year, but I would not bet on that strongly enough unless that was your only possible time for a visit. Trains may start at Gibson City, or the crew may drive to one out on the line. Best bet is to go to Gibson City first thing in the morning and see if you can find action there, or hopefully find out where it is if not there.

They have those very sharp looking CB&Q inspired GP10s on the roster, but several leased LTEX GP15-1s joined the roster last year, so don't be surprised to see those mixed into the consists.

Let us know how you do.

Nahant
12-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Well, I still haven't made it up that way, so I don't think its going to happen this year after all.