PDA

View Full Version : Southern RR of NJ

Cameraman
01-09-2010, 01:06 AM
I have been looking to visit some shortlines I have never visited. The SRNJ sounds interesting.

What is the typical operating plan? Days of operations? And typical motive power scheme?

One thing I can not locate is a good map of their operations. I understand they lost one line recently. However I also think they run on the AC line. Do they make this move daily and in daylight?

CM

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
01-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I have been looking to visit some shortlines I have never visited. The SRNJ sounds interesting.

What is the typical operating plan? Days of operations? And typical motive power scheme?

One thing I can not locate is a good map of their operations. I understand they lost one line recently. However I also think they run on the AC line. Do they make this move daily and in daylight?

CM
Last I heard from an SRNJ employee was the job to Pleasantville (AC Line) goes on duty at 7 or 8AM and typically leaves Winslow Jct. around 9AM, M-F.

ShortlinesUSA
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
US Rail is now operating the Salem branch, but will be doing so with a pair of leased SRNJ GP9s for the near term. This line typically runs to Swedesboro from Salem Tu-Th-Sa, at least in SRNJ times. It would be a good catch to get them while the line still "appears" to be SRNJ, before US Rail's leased GP38s show up.

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
US Rail is now operating the Salem branch, but will be doing so with a pair of leased SRNJ GP9s for the near term. This line typically runs to Swedesboro from Salem Tu-Th-Sa, at least in SRNJ times. It would be a good catch to get them while the line still "appears" to be SRNJ, before US Rail's leased GP38s show up.
Looks like I know what I'm doing in two Thursdays from now! :)

ShortlinesUSA
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Good on you, Andrew. Any update on what they're doing there on Salem branch would be greatly appreciated.

ShortlinesUSA
03-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Looks like the NJ operation of US Rail could be their best looking yet. NW2 112 is there in US Rail paint, and now an SW1500 (moving as LTEX 1525) is en route from Ohio, wearing shiny black paint with white trim and the US Rail emblem on the cab side. Reportedly, two more units will be coming from LTEX, all painted. That's more than can be said for any of their other operations.