PDA

View Full Version : CSX Q173

jerkass
12-16-2004, 04:40 AM
I havn't been out to take photos in such along time. Before the one plan. and i was wondering if the One plan has made the consist of the Q173 change at all. i have always had a fascination with this train and wanted to go take some photos of it again. Also has the schedule changed at all i remember i used to see it around 11 in the morning in baltimore, md

rpalmer
12-16-2004, 05:03 PM
I havn't been out to take photos in such along time. Before the one plan. and i was wondering if the One plan has made the consist of the Q173 change at all. i have always had a fascination with this train and wanted to go take some photos of it again. Also has the schedule changed at all i remember i used to see it around 11 in the morning in baltimore, md

11:00 is still a good time estimate for Baltimore. I don't think the "one plan" has made this train longer, but the extra UPS traffic around the holidays sure has. I saw it yesterday with 3 units and just over 400 axles. When you consider that most of the cars in the train are articualted , 400+ axles is a heck of a train !

jerkass
12-17-2004, 12:01 AM
yeah, i didnt think it would make it much longer or even at all. but i was talking to a friend and he said he hasn't noticed any containers on it? did the consist go from mixed to only trailers?