PDA

View Full Version : Pixels

railwayman85
12-24-2004, 12:07 AM
If i buy a new digital camera how many pixels should i look for to get good quality pictures? Any camera suggestions?

cmherndon
12-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Usually 2.0 MP and up can get you a good quality photo that you can resize without a loss in quality. A lot of point and shoot digitals are now well above that mark, and newer DSLR's can be anywhere from 6.0 MP and up. I would recommend anything manufactured by Canon since they seem to have some of the best cameras on the market today.

dsktc
12-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Buy the best camera your budget allows:

http://www.dpreview.com/

But you will also need software to process
your digital images.

Dave

hcstevens
12-29-2004, 06:00 PM
to echo what Dave said - the best your budget can buy INCLUDING software. Adobe's Elements will get you going if you can not afford Photoshop CS.

with that said, before you look at cameras and get one in your mind, run thru the reasons for the camera and needed features. if you currently have an SLR and a collection of glass, a dSLR that is compatible with that glass will save you a ton of money.

it comes down to needs, budget, and desires, in that order.

h.c.

busyEMT
12-31-2004, 02:32 AM
Consider used or refurbed cameras. I just picked up a Canon EOS 10D for $999.99. Most places, like the shop I went to, allow returns up to a certain time. I get 90 days to put this camera through the steps.

The best thing about the camera was it is compatible with the two lenses I already have.