PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak Special Painted Car

BadDog1270
04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I am posting this to show my anger and support for the Amtrak special painted car, photo ID # is 322033. I am angry at Marty Bernard for his comment that the car decal looks like graffiti, he must not be to bright the car was painted to honor National Train Day. Most railroads use such decals to raise money when the federal government can not give enough money to off set their costs. I like Amtrak's idea to honor National Train Day. Marty unless you have worked for a railroad don't call the decal graffiti because it's not.

trainboysd40
04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Point remains that a third of the car is an eyesore.

JRMDC
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Here's the shot
[photoid=322033]

I am posting this to show my anger and support for the Amtrak special painted car, photo ID # is 322033. I am angry at Marty Bernard for his comment that the car decal looks like graffiti, he must not be to bright the car was painted to honor National Train Day. Most railroads use such decals to raise money when the federal government can not give enough money to off set their costs. I like Amtrak's idea to honor National Train Day. Marty unless you have worked for a railroad don't call the decal graffiti because it's not.

To me it's graffiti. It's a train, not a rolling billboard.

Perhaps you are not "bright" enough to know what "to me" means? Perhaps you get too "angry" when people disagree with your views? Perhaps it is a perfectly reasonable position for someone not to want to see advertising on the side of a train, whether you agree or not?

I personally am not a fan of either a) the Subway part of the decal or b) what looks like confetti as part of the design on the left side? We can all be art critics! :)

CUDA7185
04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Is this the only car Amtrak painted for National Train Day, or are there more?

The reason I ask is I saw something that looked similar to this car last weekend on an Amtrak regional train between Boston and New York on the Northeast Corridor. I was quite a ways away (and on a moving boat) so I couldn’t tell, but the colors were similar.

If it helps, it was centered in the train, meaning it was probably a Amfleet Café car.

troy12n
04-27-2010, 11:57 AM
I am posting this to show my anger and support for the Amtrak special painted car, photo ID # is 322033. I am angry at Marty Bernard for his comment that the car decal looks like graffiti, he must not be to bright the car was painted to honor National Train Day. Most railroads use such decals to raise money when the federal government can not give enough money to off set their costs. I like Amtrak's idea to honor National Train Day.

It IS an eyesore, I posted as such too. It's his opinion and mine, you dont have to agree with it. Deal with it. Do you want a Amtrak consist looking like a nascar race?

Marty unless you have worked for a railroad don't call the decal graffiti because it's not.

And I dont see what having worked or working for a railroad has anything to do with this, do you work for a railroad?

JimThias
04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I am angry at Marty Bernard for his comment that the car decal looks like graffiti, he must not be to bright the car was painted to honor National Train Day.

The irony is thick in this sentence.

BadDog1270
04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
It IS an eyesore, I posted as such too. It's his opinion and mine, you dont have to agree with it. Deal with it. Do you want a Amtrak consist looking like a nascar race?

And I dont see what having worked or working for a railroad has anything to do with this, do you work for a railroad?

It dose not matter weather or not that I work for a railroad, I know that railroads like to honor different things in their own way.

BadDog1270
04-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Here's the shot
[photoid=322033]

Perhaps you are not "bright" enough to know what "to me" means? Perhaps you get too "angry" when people disagree with your views? Perhaps it is a perfectly reasonable position for someone not to want to see advertising on the side of a train, whether you agree or not?

I personally am not a fan of either a) the Subway part of the decal or b) what looks like confetti as part of the design on the left side? We can all be art critics! :)

Let me ask you this then how would you like to pay higher ticket prices then if a railroad should not advertise to raise money.

troy12n
04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
It dose not matter weather or not that I work for a railroad, I know that railroads like to honor different things in their own way.

If it does not matter, then why did you bring it up? You opened the door about railroad employees...

Everyone has their opinion, you dont have to like it, if you dont, keep your mouth shut, what is the point of coming on here and criticizing people for their opinion because it differs from yours.

And learn the difference between to and too, and does and dose.

troy12n
04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Let me ask you this then how would you like to pay higher ticket prices then if a railroad should not advertise to raise money.

There are less tacky ways to advertise. You dont see airlines doing this stuff on a regular basis.

nikos1
04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Wouldnt be bad without the subway part but i guess has to be sponsored somehow. I really really hate the window wrapping though, I would be extremely pissed if I bought a ticket and ended up in a car where you can barely see out the window.

JRMDC
04-27-2010, 06:47 PM

I have no complaint with your right to hold your opinion, though it may differ from mine, and certainly differs from Marty Bernard's, and I don't care to debate the issue as it just isn't that important to me.

I object not to your view on car-side advertising but rather to a) your "anger" that someone holds a different view from yours, and b) your silly comment that Marty Bernard "must not be to bright"(sic).

I suppose that anyone is entitled to be as angry as they want. It is a pet peeve of mine that people get angry over disagreements rather than debate them out without malice. Such are our times, it seems. Have a happy day!

trainboysd40
04-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Does anyone else find this guy really annoying?
BadDog, you can't say something like 'if you're not a railroader, you're not allowed to have an opinion' and then in your next post say that it doesn't matter whether you're a railroader or not.
The point is not whether the railroads should be allowed to advertise or not, the point is that this car looks terrible. It's just very poorly executed from an aesthetical standpoint (although I admit it is eyecatching)
Lastly, how come you feel that you're entitled to your opinion and the person who posted his comment isn't?

troy12n
04-28-2010, 04:12 PM

He reminds me of our favorite "13 year old 8th grade english honor student"

BadDog1270
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
BadDog, you can't say something like 'if you're not a railroader, you're not allowed to have an opinion' and then in your next post say that it doesn't matter whether you're a railroader or not.
The point is not whether the railroads should be allowed to advertise or not, the point is that this car looks terrible. It's just very poorly executed from an aesthetical standpoint (although I admit it is eyecatching)
Lastly, how come you feel that you're entitled to your opinion and the person who posted his comment isn't?

My father worked for the Chicago And North Western so I can say what I want,and DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN SAY OR NOT

JRMDC
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
I am posting this to show my anger

My father worked for the Chicago And North Western so I can say what I want,and DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN SAY OR NOT

As the tagline says, "feel the love"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305224/

trainboysd40
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't even know where to start with this guy.
YOU haven't worked for a railroad, so you've got a second class opinion, don't try to make it sound like you know everything. Also, I'm not telling you what you can or can't say, you're just being a whiny twat. You're the one trying to tell people what they can or can't say, and that, in addition to your know-it-all attitude is why nobody here likes you.

troy12n
04-28-2010, 11:57 PM

Pot calling kettle black... I think this thread has jumped the shark

http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/500/10248KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg