PDA

View Full Version : The "J" comes to Georgia

ShortlinesUSA
08-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Within the past week, the Hartwell Railroad has received ex EJE SD38 654. I am unable to find what state of markings are on this unit, as the "other" big site with lots of railroad photos is seemingly down at the moment.

The unit is on the Lavonia line. No word on whether any of the older units will be retired, but even with the past arrival of some ex IC GP10s on the property, units I figured were done for still continue to ply the line.

An ex MKT GP40 is also on the way. Unsure of which line this one will go to.

nikos1
08-14-2010, 06:10 AM
For those who are interested, here is a picture of the unit.
[photoid=334526]
There is Hartwell lettering but was pleased that the J-Ball logo's are intact.
As for selling off some of the older power, it is rumored that some of the units on the Monroe branch might go, but if there's one thing for certain is that all bets are off when it comes to B.R.'s shortlines. After all, I never expected to see this unit run again.
[photoid=332757]

Will have a proper update post on the status of all three lines soon, too tired right now to type it all up.

Joe the Photog
08-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Nice photo of the "new" power. The Hartwell is colorful if nothing else.

ShortlinesUSA
08-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Add yet another scheme soon. HRT 3000, a GP40 wearing the pale yellow and black colors of the long gone St. Lawrence & Atlantic RR (bought out by G&W nearly a decade ago). Has large "HRT" lettering on the battery box door, but that's it. SLR lettering long gone, as it was removed when returned to lessor LLPX.

Should be arriving in Atlanta on NS this evening, August 29th.