PDA

View Full Version : signal question

coaststarlight14
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
what kind of signal would be at "X" ?

crazytiger
02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
It depends on your signalling system. Where I am, the ex-Southern signalling system is used. For JLS, probably a former Espee system is used. The man that would probably know is Steven Welch.

coaststarlight14
02-17-2011, 11:24 PM
it would be ex BN or modern BNSF

milwman
02-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Need more info like the rule.
if its rule 9.1.15 its STOP

J
02-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Assuming you are moving from left to right on Track 1, one cannot tell what the aspect would be because all of the signals appear to have all of their lenses illuminated. If the signal governing the crossover is supposed to be at stop then the signal in question would be an approach signal.

coaststarlight14
02-18-2011, 07:34 PM
how many targets would it have and how many colors per target?

there are four possibilities from point "X",
clear
approach diverging
diverging clear
diverging diverging

here is a more simple layout of the signals and track:

again point "X" is in question

milwman
02-26-2011, 10:20 PM
how many targets would it have and how many colors per target?

there are four possibilities from point "X",
clear
approach diverging
diverging clear
diverging diverging

Two heads
Red over Red with no number plate is an Absolute, You have to call the DS and ask if you can pass= Most CTC is like this.
Red over Yellow= Diverging
Yellow over Red =Approach
Green over red =Clear
Red over Lunar = Diverging or Heading in to unsignaled track
Thats just some of what you may get at X:shock:
Having that other cross over added a lot more and how its handled. Most need two targets not just a red at the bottom.

crazytiger
02-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Down on the ex-Southern, the only addition to that would be that yellow over green is approach diverging.

troy12n
02-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Two heads
Red over Red with no number plate is an Absolute, You have to call the DS and ask if you can pass= Most CTC is like this

signal w/o number plate makes it absolute

Red/Red absolute signal is a stop indication

Unless it's got a G plate

stevenmwelch
02-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Unless it's got a G plate

I've never seen a G plate on an absolute signal. I doubt DS wants you passing a red/red absolute without his/her permission.

;-)

JRMDC
02-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Did someone say "G plate"????? :)

[photoid=193102]

Photoshooter09
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Really? This is a terrible question. You need to show what the aspect (color) of the "Home" signal (Control Point) is to determine the approach signal's aspect. This question of yours needs more information told to get a better answer. :-D

Cameraman
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Since I am not sure what you are trying to learn/accomplish, I just wanted to toss out that all the signals in your diagram should be TWO heads. Not only some as depicted.

Not every head will have every light but that is basic mistake I see.

Other posters are correct, we can't tell you what indication is given until you tell what the train will be doing at the interlocking: ie. moving straight, going into yard. etc.

CM