PDA

View Full Version : Too rainy to railfan.

morven
02-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I was all in the mood to go out and take some photographs this weekend, but Southern California is rained out. Grr. Count me frustrated.

I may even just head over to the tracks and WATCH for a bit and keep my itchy shutter finger to myself ...

cmherndon
02-21-2005, 12:23 AM
I may even just head over to the tracks and WATCH for a bit and keep my itchy shutter finger to myself ...

Always a good option. It surely beats sitting around the house on a rainy day.

Ken Carr
02-21-2005, 12:23 AM
You should take some shots if you can keep the camera dry and frame some intersting shots. You be surpised what you can capture. There may not be accepted on this site but you can still capture some interesting photos.
Trains run 24/7 in all types of weather capturing railroading is the key, at least to me....good hunting....Ken

Ween
02-21-2005, 02:52 AM
I was all in the mood to go out and take some photographs this weekend, but Southern California is rained out.

Call me harsh, but I have no sympathy; isn't So Cal sunny like 345 days/year?!? :lol:

morven
02-21-2005, 03:24 AM
More like 320 or so; there are a few more rainy or grey days here than that.

Something I can see surprising the tourists at Disneyland today, as they rush around wishing they could get their money back from someone because isn't it, like, GUARANTEED sunshine or something?

Went and saw a few BNSF stack trains go by; no decent photos, but still an impressive sight. Especially with the speeds they hammer through here doing sometimes.