PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Giant

mojo628
09-13-2003, 10:40 PM
WOW !! :shock:

I take a two week vacation and the forum comes to life.

OUTSTANDING!!

Seems to be a lot of ICE out there.

Glad to see all the chatter. :)

iCe
09-13-2003, 10:53 PM
:D :D :D

Gregory Wallace
09-14-2003, 05:25 PM
WOW !! :shock:

I take a two week vacation and the forum comes to life.

OUTSTANDING!!

Well, you know how we Memphis folks are... can't shut us up.:P

mojo628
09-14-2003, 07:27 PM
I hear ya Gregory.

So what parts of town do you railfan in? Since I live more or less in Midtown I can pretty much cover alot of ground around there and downtown. I don't usually head out towards BNSF's yard on Shelby Drive much. It's a bit of a haul for me. Only when I'm visiting the in-laws I might slip by there.

You have any photos on the site? I would like to see some other Memphis input here.

Gregory Wallace
09-14-2003, 07:40 PM
I hear ya Gregory.

So what parts of town do you railfan in? Since I live more or less in Midtown I can pretty much cover alot of ground around there and downtown. I don't usually head out towards BNSF's yard on Shelby Drive much. It's a bit of a haul for me. Only when I'm visiting the in-laws I might slip by there.

You have any photos on the site? I would like to see some other Memphis input here.

We live in Midtown, too... Cooper-Young to be exact. So I check out the rails along Southern Avenue a lot, and the other lines that criss-cross the area. I also like to get out near the crossings over the River -- I like those lowlands on the AR side where I can simultaneously bird-watch, plane-watch, and train-watch.

Kacky, my fiancee, used to think I was nuts but now she enjoys it too... esp. the birds.

Alas, I don't photograph -- finances won't allow another hobby! -- so my input here consists solely of stupid questions.

~Gregory

IC 6071
02-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Wrong Post!