PDA

View Full Version : Bad Scan Quality

crocs4022
03-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Sorry to bring up another reject question. This one was recently rejected for "bad scan quality." I'm not sure where to go from there. The photo was taken with a digital rebel and then cropped it and tweaked it a little. This is what I came up:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=106918

Is there a major stand-out issue with it? I have the original RAW image; should I start with that again and go in a different direction? Any help is appreciated.

-Josh

StL-rail
03-25-2005, 04:01 AM
Personally I dont see a darn thing wrong with it. However, it could be possible that the screener mistook the paint chips on the front of the locomotive as specks of dust.

busyEMT
03-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I would appeal this shot. A few times I have had shots, where birds up in the sky appear as specks of dust, and I get the same rejection notice. Also, once I had a rejection of a near head-on tele shot where the natural lines in the shape of the pilot were mistaken as pixelization/over sharpened.
Although the rest of the pic was crisp, the pilot was so prominent, it was unsuccessfully appealled.

Ru1056
03-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Looks fine to me other than that orange line running from the left side of the train to out of the photo. What is that?

Billy

crocs4022
03-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Believe it or not, that orange line is part of the power lines. I've seen those on a few of the crossings that have low hanging wires over the track. Also, I did appeal the rejection and it was accepted, but never posted in the database. Did I do something wrong?