PDA

View Full Version : Dothan, AL question

ClinchValley
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
What G&W railroad(s) operate in Dothan?

ShortlinesUSA
07-26-2012, 01:59 PM
The Bay Line, Chattahoochie Bay, and Abbeville & Grimes all operate out of Dothan. The BAYL and AG are one in the same, with the A&G being a paper railroad of the BAYL. It doesn't even show up on the G&W website. The BAYL and AG have been operated by G&W since the buyout of Rail Management in 2005, and the CHAT came into the fold in 2006 after Gulf & Ohio Railways sold their Chattahoochie & Gulf to G&W.

The CHAT is a key link that allowed G&W to connect the BAYL with the Chattahoochie Industrial RR, and more recently, the Hilton & Albany, giving them a very well connected regional system in southern Georgia and the Florida Panhandle.

I still am convinced G&W will eventually make a move on the Heart of Georgia to give them a seemless regional stretching from the Port of Savannah to the Florida Panhandle.

ClinchValley
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks Mike. Sounds like an interesting area, but I just said no to going down there. I've got too much piling up at home to do it.

ShortlinesUSA
07-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Sounds like with what you've been offered, the opportunities will still be there after you have everything squared away at home... LOL

ClinchValley
07-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Naw Mike. I'm now headed back down to CCKY for a week the end of Aug. That should about do it for this year.

ShortlinesUSA
07-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Our timing's out of whack again-- I'll be down there the second week of August!