PDA

View Full Version : I sure hope this doesn't mean I'm stupid...

milepost 48.1
03-28-2005, 12:53 AM
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=108226

Was rejected for being undersharpened. I'm really confused, because I stare at this picture and look for the soft part of the photo. But I sharpen it up anyway and send it in...and it gets rejected again. What to do, what to do...

cmherndon
03-28-2005, 01:21 AM
The numberboards are, but that can probably be traced back to the time exposure. You don't want to sharpen too much since the photo will pixelate then. I dunno what to tell you on this one, but you can take my comments with a grain of salt... :lol:

Joe
03-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Wow....that's a really cool shot. Was the sun still out when you took this? It looks like sunlight on the nose....
Once, again, awesome shot, and I'd appeal if they reject it again.

milepost 48.1
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
The light is from another train passing by. It was about 30 min before sunrise.

I'll see what I can do to those numberboards and try again...

Joe the Photog
03-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Night time shots aren't easy to get a good focus. On my 300D with various lens, it will sometimes focus automatically which is god with my eye sight. However, I think the image is just soft and as said above, sharpening anymore will pixilate.

And then my hunch is that if you can sharpen it enough with pixilation, they'll reject again for being too dark.

As they say, and have said to me, this might be one for your personal collection.

My two cents.

Joe

milepost 48.1
03-30-2005, 04:26 AM
And then my hunch is that if you can sharpen it enough with pixilation, they'll reject again for being too dark.

As they say, and have said to me, this might be one for your personal collection.

*files into personal collection*

Photo Submission Results:

Photo ID 108847 was rejected from the database.
Railroad: Union Pacific Railroad
Locomotive: EMD SD70M
Reason for Rejection: Underexposed
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=108847

ssw9662
03-30-2005, 01:00 PM
You might want to try brightening up the nose, I've never seen a brown UP engine :lol: .