PDA

View Full Version : NS " HOMETOWN HEREOS " Unit goal

Firefighter1019
10-02-2014, 05:05 PM
"HOMETOWN HEROS"

Project im working on for the Norfolk Southern Railroad. My Goal much like Andy Fletchers who designed the 20 Heritage units is to one day see my design rolling down the tracks of railroads across America. Much like the "Honoring Our Vets" train that NS has myself and thousands of others would like to see my dream become a reality. So I have created the HOMETOWN HEREOS design to honor all the men and woman of this country in the Police and Fire service who put their lives on the line everyday. I have contacted NS corp about this and also started this petition to show that were serious about making this a reality. Please take a few seconds and sign the petition to help give the men and woman what they deserve.

Thank You
Shawn Leightcap

http://www.change.org/p/norfolk-southern-corp-to-create-a-locomotive-to-honor-our-hometown-heroes-the-men-and-woman-from-fire-and-police-departments-across-our-country-who-put-their-lives-on-the-line-everyday?utm_campaign=friend_inviter_chat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=permissions_dialog_false&share_id=zpAsFSKCqL

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnleightcapphotography/15398027076/player/" width="800" height="305" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

CSX1702
10-03-2014, 09:03 AM
That's pretty awesome looking, Shawn. A great idea, too.

Mark Rosnick
10-04-2014, 01:29 AM
As a former fire company photographer, I love the idea. My wife's late uncle was a career firefighter in Harrisburg, PA. Awesome idea Shawn. Love the design as well.

Firefighter1019
10-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys.. I have received and email back from the head of NS himself Wick Moorman. He is interested in my idea and it appears they are working on several other causes to paint some locos.

CSX1702
10-06-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm impressed. Lol.

One wonders how quickly CSX's CEO would put this in his spam folder....

JimThias
10-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Thanks guys.. I have received and email back from the head of NS himself Wick Moorman. He is interested in my idea and it appears they are working on several other causes to paint some locos.
That's pretty awesome, dude. I hope he & NS consider your idea.

miningcamper1
10-16-2014, 02:55 AM
One wonders how quickly CSX's CEO would put this in his spam folder....
CEOs come and go. Don't forget that Chessie was once a haven for steam. We've been lucky with UP, but even they came awfully close to ending 8444's career.

Joe the Photog
10-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Are we sure they have e-mail at CSX?

Firefighter1019
05-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Today a DC firefighter was killed in the line of duty. Well it seems fitting that NS unveiled its newest unit The 9-1-1 Honoring First Responders today. I was contacted by the head of media from NS this morning about this. Though my design wasnt completely used it was incorporated into this new unit. They have also credited me with the idea of this thing and Trains magazine is doing a story about it.

Thanks for all the support in having my dream become a reality

Shawn

EMTRailfan
05-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Logged on to see if I could find this thread to see how close the unit was to your design and you made it easy.
As a career and former volunteer EMT of 20 yrs and a (not so much anymore) volunteer fire fighter of 16 yrs, thank you for kick starting this Shawn. By far the best of the "heritage" units IMO, but I am probably biased :-)

Firefighter1019
05-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Thank you for your support =) I know the feeling, Ive been in it for over 20 years myself lol

Mark Rosnick
05-06-2015, 08:54 PM
This is so awesome. I have more respect for NS now because they obviously "get it". They hit a home run with 911. I loved your origional design, but i think NS did a fine job on the design. Congrats Shawn.

Firefighter1019
05-15-2015, 02:44 AM
I must say Im a lil disappointed in NS. They gave me the cold shoulder and told me I couldn't even attend the Unveiling in DC because of " High Profile people "

hoydie17
05-18-2015, 07:13 PM
I must say Im a lil disappointed in NS. They gave me the cold shoulder and told me I couldn't even attend the Unveiling in DC because of " High Profile people "

That shouldn't be terribly surprising to you. The idea of a "First Responders" unit was in the works long before your idea came about.

Around the same time the Veterans engine (6920) was announced, there had been talk about doing a tribute for first responders as well, and it was shelved until it was determined how the veterans unit was received. I recall discussing it in person with Casey on 6920's very first revenue run down the N&W valley line.