PDA

View Full Version : Photo quality printer?

Mike Woodruff
01-22-2003, 08:03 PM
I've been toying with the idea of getting a photo quality printer with my tax refund this year. It would be nice to have a way to make decent prints from my slide scans. Not necessarily an el-cheapo model, but I don't want to break the bank, either. Anyone care to make any recommendations as to brand and model (or warnings of brands/models to stay away from?) Epson is what I see and hear used the most.

Chris Starnes
01-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Mike,

Casey Thomason (from the SErails bunch) has shown me prints than he made from a HP printer (can't remember the model #). They were REALLY nice....

You might want to give him a shout off-list for some insight...if you don't have his email address, just email me and i'll get ya'll in contact...

Chris

skyliner
01-23-2003, 12:16 PM
I recently acquired an HP Photosmart 7350 and am very pleased with the quality. It has almost all the features of the 7550, except for the little editing screen, for about $100 less. Check out www.costco.com; (http://www.costco.com;) they have had it on sale for a while now.
George

ddavies
01-23-2003, 01:16 PM
I also use an HP 7350, does good work. The unit with the little screen is only necessary if you are printing from the memory cards w/o a computer. Since they take the same ink cartidge, the quality is the same. They will take 4x6 sheets, which is the majority of my printing.