PDA

View Full Version : Bad Motive

hoops
05-15-2005, 02:44 AM
This photo was rejected for bad motive.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=125008

-Keegan-

<A HREF="http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=3600">Click Here</A> to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Joe
05-15-2005, 03:33 AM
I believe the screeners are currently looking for more shots of locomotive and railcar axles as of late. Shadows of spikes seem to be a hot subject, too. I mean, seriously, who would actually want to see a Hy-railer when they could admire the beauty of the center of an EMD locomotive axle?

cmherndon
05-15-2005, 04:32 AM
I believe the screeners are currently looking for more shots of locomotive and railcar axles as of late. Shadows of spikes seem to be a hot subject, too. I mean, seriously, who would actually want to see a Hy-railer when they could admire the beauty of the center of an EMD locomotive axle?

It's called "art."

This photo was rejected for bad motive.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=125008

Appeal it if you disagree.

J. E. Landrum
05-15-2005, 04:44 AM
It's basically a roster shot of a pickup truck on rails. If you could incorporate the hy-rail truck into a work site or some other distinct duty, it might work.

Ru1056
05-15-2005, 05:19 AM
I mean, seriously, who would actually want to see a Hy-railer when they could admire the beauty of the center of an EMD locomotive axle?

I believe that is sarcasm.

The photo seems to be "railroad related". The thing is on the tracks and is used in the railroad industry. It is a roster shot that meets all of the criteria. Properly lit, in focus, and properly cropped. I would appeal the photo. If spikes and axles have a place in the database, then why shouldn't this?

Billy

4kV
05-15-2005, 05:27 AM
The spikes and axle shots have been more artistic. This is just a picture of a truck, nothing really artistic about it. The same could be said about a non artistic shot of an axle or spike. It just depends upon how you go about composing and exposing the picture.

RJSorensen
05-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Art don't seem to make it . . . lol. I should have thought of the spikes and shadows . . . but then I would have shot them backlit . . . lol.

Ween
05-15-2005, 07:31 PM
I took this photo and it was rejected for Bad Motive:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=61394

I appealed it and it was rejected again with a statement that read something similar to: "Pretty decent shot...but you can do better!"

I got a good chuckle, and realized they were correct. After all, it's just a pickup truck...and a Ford to boot!

Don't sweat the rejection; just hold out for a train next time!

Ru1056
05-15-2005, 07:58 PM
After all, it's just a pickup truck...and a Ford to boot!

The truck in the other pick is a Chevy. In a round about way, wouldnt that make it an EMD? :grin:

Billy

RJSorensen
05-16-2005, 02:19 AM
Yep! EMD-S10 . . .

Donna
05-16-2005, 03:30 AM
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. :lol:

cmherndon
05-16-2005, 03:45 AM
The truck in the other pick is a Chevy. In a round about way, wouldnt that make it an EMD?
Yep! EMD-S10

That Hi-Rail looks more like a 3/4 or 1 ton Chevy than an S-10 (I don't think an S-10 could handle those rail wheels). In that case, you could probably call it an EMD C/K-2500 or C/K-3500. :razz:

Pat Lorenz
05-16-2005, 04:49 AM
This is a very funny thread, just thought all you guys should know that.

Ru1056
05-16-2005, 05:26 AM
The spikes and axle shots have been more artistic. This is just a picture of a truck, nothing really artistic about it.

The same could be said for probably 1/2 of the shots in the database. I looked at the original photo again. It is a roster shot 3/4 wedgie that is properly lit on a sunny day that is in focus. I do not understand why "bad motive" is the reason given. If railgrinders, cranes, and other MOW can be accepted, why not this shot also.

Billy

4kV
05-16-2005, 05:37 AM
The same could be said for probably 1/2 of the shots in the database. Billy

I agree that 1/2, probably more, are not really artistic shots, just wedgies more or less. I guess they don't like roster shots of trucks.

RJSorensen
05-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I stand corrected on the "S-i0" Man I am getting too old . . . I was wrong twice yesterday . . . lol.