PDA

View Full Version : Bus Driver Stupidity

E.M. Bell
05-19-2005, 03:42 AM
I was enjoying a pretty afternoon , and headed over to the farm to get some mowing done. While working out in the front field next to the railroad, a school bus comes down Bondville road and stops...turns on his flashing lights and puts out his stop sign and that gate that makes the kids walk around the front of the bus for they can be seen. A group of small kids exit the bus, walk down through the ditch and across the NS mainline (not at a crossing) over to their houses on the other side of the tracks...and not a minute later a Eastbound comes rolling by before the bus had even started moving again!!

With the noise of the bus setting there, and the way the tracks curve, I shudder to think what might have happened if the timing had been wrong! I have not seen this happen before, but I am hardly ever there at that time of day, which leads me to think it must happen every day...probably twice. I dont know what makes me more angry...the fact that the bus driver doesnt have enough sense to NOT let those children off the bus there and walk across the tracks, or the fact the parents where standing there watching all of this like it is ok.....sheer stupidity.....
Even worse, our daughter will be starting kindergarten this fall, and will have to ride this same bus...

I have already drafted a letter to the Mercer county school super, not that I think it will do any good.

Ru1056
05-19-2005, 05:56 AM
I have already drafted a letter to the Mercer county school super, not that I think it will do any good.

I have heard the only way to get the school boards to respond is to threaten with a lawsuit.

dodi4200
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
yea thats very dangerous but i wanna to dhow u apic here in my city u will very angry when u see it
u can see the 2 men crossing the tracks when the train is moving and begining to acclerate as the train is very close to them also u can notice the guy who wanna to get into the train while moving of it its really some thing that makes the one gonna be angry

i hope that we can put alimit for this topic about illegal things from the poeple towards the trains and towards the souls of other poeple
mohamed

trainmonster
05-19-2005, 02:28 PM
I was enjoying a pretty afternoon , and headed over to the farm to get some mowing done. While working out in the front field next to the railroad, a school bus comes down Bondville road and stops...turns on his flashing lights and puts out his stop sign and that gate that makes the kids walk around the front of the bus for they can be seen. A group of small kids exit the bus, walk down through the ditch and across the NS mainline (not at a crossing) over to their houses on the other side of the tracks...and not a minute later a Eastbound comes rolling by before the bus had even started moving again!!

With the noise of the bus setting there, and the way the tracks curve, I shudder to think what might have happened if the timing had been wrong! I have not seen this happen before, but I am hardly ever there at that time of day, which leads me to think it must happen every day...probably twice. I dont know what makes me more angry...the fact that the bus driver doesnt have enough sense to NOT let those children off the bus there and walk across the tracks, or the fact the parents where standing there watching all of this like it is ok.....sheer stupidity.....
Even worse, our daughter will be starting kindergarten this fall, and will have to ride this same bus...

I won't even start on the run-ins I've had with stupid school bus drivers. Just to say I was out of the car once screaming at the top of my lungs once and put in complaints a couple times in the past.

I'd send that letter certified mail if I were you. ("Oh, we never received any letter....) Newspaper might be better. Keep us posted.

Rich

Donna
05-19-2005, 03:59 PM
I agree, the newspaper or one of those TV investigative teams might be a good idea. Hidden cameras and all. Then maybe something will get done.

E.M. Bell
05-19-2005, 05:15 PM
The information has been passed along to the NS as well, we shall see how this goes..

Anybody that has ever worked for ANY amount of time in railroading has seen more than thier fair share of stupid people tricks, but when it involves a school bus my tolerance is very low..just ask the out of work driver that I reported for running a crossing in front of my train a few years ago.