PDA

View Full Version : wats yur opinion?

dodi4200
05-31-2005, 05:03 AM
hey all my freinds

i think that most of yurs read my last topic in this forum (model railroad lover)

i think that it will be hard to find model railroaders here in egypt so..........

im thinking to begin of modeling locomotives and cars(passenger and frieght) here and begin to sell them to the people who lived in my area .

so i wanna to know the technology of making models and who the brands like rocco and trix build these models .

also i will take from this technology wat can i do in it and i will begin to make this hobby popular in egypt with my friend amr .

(amr)--------------> (egyptian model railroader) :D

and i will wait for yurs replays to know yurs opinion in wat i will go to do in the vacation after the exams of the term is finished.

also i will wait for any links for this technology.

thanks for reading

mohamed

dodi4200
06-02-2005, 04:59 PM
no one of all of yurs know how the models is built? :shock:

i think that all of yurs or most of yurs know how these models is built

plz all my friends i wanna to know this complex and hard technology to begin it here in egypt as most of the barnds refuse to models of egyptian locmotives .

so i will begin it then i think that i will be popular then i will make the brands makes it for us.

also im waiting for replays from all of yurs as yurs opinions is very importanta to me to know wat can i do :smile:
mohamed

J
06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
I suspect that creating special Egyptian models may be a challenge. It is expensive to create plastic molds and you might have to sell a lot to get your money back. Why not look on the Internet and see if you can find an existing model that is "close" to something on your railroads. Perhaps buy one and modify it with paint and details and then see if anyone is intersted in buying it. At the worst you would have invested a small amount of time and money and would at least have a nice-looking model for your self.

dodi4200
06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=J]I suspect that creating special Egyptian models may be a challenge. It is expensive to create plastic molds and you might have to sell a lot to get your money back. Why not look on the Internet and see if you can find an existing model that is "close" to something on your railroads. Perhaps buy one and modify it with paint and details and then see if anyone is intersted in buying it.
hey j at first thanks for the replay
then i think that its really achallenge
but the bad thing that by this method that you told me that i wonot have egyptian pure100% model
i wanna to see this pure one sold on the hobby shops in egypt one day
as i told all of you im just wanna any thing about the technology of making these models then i will have the glory to say that my friends at railpictures and brothers are the only reason that made me begin the egyptian model railroading project(just any useful links)
thanks agagin for the replay j
mohamed

bnsf sammy
06-04-2005, 07:33 PM
creating any model railroad is a challenge, even in the USA. some people do what is called scratch work , which is where they take long sheets of plastic, and parts from other railroad stuff, and actually scratch-build a model. This could be an option if you really want the models to be acurate. Good Luck.

BNSF SAMMY

JButler
06-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure we/I understand what you want to do. Do you want to build a model for "you" to run on your model railroad, or are you interested in commercially producing a model for sale to the public?

If you want to build an accurate model for yourself, then kitbashing, taking an existing model and changing details to closer match a prototype, or building from scratch are your best methods as mentioned by others here.

If you want to commercially produce a model for sale in Egypt, you will likely need to contact a model manufacturer that has manufactured train models. You will need to provide them with as much technical information, drawings, photos and measurements as you can get and see what it will cost to manufacture the model you want.

If model railroading is not popular in Egypt, it may be hard to convince a manufacturer to produce the model since they would have a hard time selling enough models to make a profit.

Good luck in your endeavor.

dodi4200
06-05-2005, 11:55 AM
at first thanks for the of yurs all
then i wanna to make model railroading popular in egypt also i wanna to make my models and sell models
when i sent e mail to some brands they told me that they havenot any dealers in egypt but there just one dealer to rocco in egypt which sell locomotives from europe so i wanna fopr example that rocco build egyptian locomotives and sell it here instead of european models with anice prices as i canot buy any models from rocco here in egypt (deisel and electric= 450-600) egyptian pound and steam(600-1200) egyptian pound so u can imagine how much its really expensive .
so i wanna at last if rocco or marklin or any brand can makes egyptian model trains(locos and cars) for us like the international program of rocco?
waiting for yur replays :)

mohamed