print made on metallic paper.

http://www.pbase.com/dsktc/image/44651469/large

I'm hopeful that it will look good when I get
it.

Dave

dodi4200
06-12-2005, 05:07 PM
nice pic man its like candles
imagine if u light it wat will be the sight of the tunnel :)
just imagine :lol:
mohamed :D

Ru1056
06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
That is cool shoot. In B&W and color. :)

SD70MAC
06-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Great Shot!

railfanzone
06-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Dave-

Beautiful shot! I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the metallic paper with this shot. I did these shots below on the metallic paper at 10x15 from mpix.com and they look incredible! The silvers & yellows just pop off of the page.

[photoid=90683]
[photoid=105367]
[photoid=106014]

After seeing the results, I can see that some photos just won't look right with the metallic paper, so I'm really curious how yours will come out...

-Tom

Adam Amick
06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
First, on the Bow Tunnel shot... What the heck are those growing from the floor? They look like ice or something, rather than stalagmites (or is it stalagtites that grow up?). That shot just has an eerie look to it, which if you take into account it being of an abandoned tunnel, it really says something... spooky.

On Tom's shots at the bottom... Those are GORGEOUS! The colors are so vibrant! What is it about metallic paper that does that, and what exactly about the paper is "metallic"?

I haven't shot with my 35mm for over 2 years since I got my Olympus C740 digital. I just take shots of everything... I may look into a Rebel Digital someday, but if I need to print a photo I have two HP Photosmarts I can use.

Nice work both of yous guys...

Adam

railfanzone
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Adam-

I can't comment on Dave's photo, except that I think they are ice.

As for mine - thanks for the kind words! Actually, all of those are the digital images out of my camera, and the metallic paper just makes the colors even more vibrant than what you see - I wasn't about to scan a 10" x 15" print to submit here.. :) All were shot with my Canon 20D, and Canon 70-200mm f/4L and massaged a bit in Photoshop Elements (massaged = cropping, sharpening, curves, levels & minor saturation corrections). As for the metallic paper istself, as I understand it, Kodak places a thin reflective layer between the substrate and the imaging surface. When the image is developed, the colors show a bit of the shiny silver surface instead of the pure white that a normal print would show. And let me tell you, seeing these in bright light just makes them pop off the page. It looks like the image is almost printed on a bright sheet of aluminum. You just have to see it.... I think mpix.com will send out free samples of the paper...check their site for details on that...

I'm just curious what Dave's picture will look like as it's more of a black & white, with more contrast than colors...

-Tom

Ru1056
06-22-2005, 06:50 PM
What the heck are those growing from the floor? They look like ice or something, rather than stalagmites (or is it stalagtites that grow up?). That shot just has an eerie look to it, which

Stalactites grow from the ceiling down, stalagmites grow from the ground up.