PDA

View Full Version : NS (Maserk) 3329 Bad ordered at Enola

E.M. Bell
12-18-2002, 12:41 AM
Looks like the NS 3329 (SD40-2 painted for Maserk) finally made it out of Ohio after a month of captive service. It shows as a Bad order at Enola Pa at 0929 on 12/17/02

Coyote
12-22-2002, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by E.M. Bell:
Looks like the NS 3329 (SD40-2 painted for Maserk) finally made it out of Ohio after a month of captive service. It shows as a Bad order at Enola Pa at 0929 on 12/17/02<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing my stupidity of rail lingo here, what exactly are you saying?

By "captive service" I think it means it was made to work in like, just a railyard moving stuff around and out of the way as needed...

Now, I am not sure at all what "bad ordered" means, beyond a guess that it was sent to do some job, but it really should have been elsewhere.

Am I close here or just really, really stupid? laff.gif

Thanks for any reply...

E.M. Bell
12-24-2002, 03:42 AM
In refrence to "captive service" I meant it had stayed on the same job for a extended length of time, not all that uncommon it seems!

And the term "Bad order" just means that it has been removed from service for repairs....

Hope that helps..

Coyote
12-25-2002, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by E.M. Bell:
In refrence to "captive service" I meant it had stayed on the same job for a extended length of time, not all that uncommon it seems!

And the term "Bad order" just means that it has been removed from service for repairs....

Hope that helps..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, ok - I was semi right on the first one, except I now see that it might be more than just service duty in a railyard or so...

Totally off on the second, but I appreciate the answers. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

nsrayman
01-19-2003, 09:26 PM
The NS-Maersk SD40-2 should be departing Oneida about right now (330
pm Sun 1/19) on #196 enroute to Danville where it will be cut off,
fueled and returned to Oneida for local use this week.

null

fquig
01-22-2003, 03:30 AM
Where are these locations?

Chris Starnes
01-22-2003, 05:15 AM
Oneida is located in Central Tennessee on the former CNOTP (2nd district) between Danville and Chattanooga.

CTS