PDA

View Full Version : GTA San Andreas

Super2000
06-21-2005, 05:53 AM
An amusing note regarding this game: you can steal trains! Never mind that they belong to the "Brown Streak Railroad..."

Passenger trains: Engine resembles an F40PH, cars resemble Amtrak Superliners.

Freight trains: Engine resembles an SD40 (trucks look like GE ones...) and the flatbed cars have locomotive trucks, fuel tanks, and end handrails. Basically, they're the locomotive model minus the hood and cab.

Get a train going fast enough and it will derail. My engine careened onto a highway after I took a curve too fast.

http://img195.exs.cx/img195/9625/highway4ik.th.jpg (http://img195.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img195&image=highway4ik.jpg)
Click for bigger.

dodi4200
06-21-2005, 11:04 AM
thats nice but i wanna to know is this one GTA4 or GTA5 ?
mohamed :D

BNSF_SD40-2B
06-21-2005, 02:30 PM
I place empty cars on the RR crossing , back up the train and pull forward and SLAM into them.Sometimes I put multiple cars on the crossing at a time.
Sometimes I just drive around and people sometimes drive around the crossing and if I'm close I'll hit them.I never thought of getting out to see if they're dead but you know the GTA series I'm sure they die sometimes.

They evidently didn't look at an engine closely because the SD40-2 has the door on the side of the cab instead of in front.

Guilford350
06-21-2005, 05:04 PM
They actually did a good job detailing the locomotives, aside from using a Dash-9 frame and trucks with an SD39/SD40 style carbody. It would be especially nice if in-cab views were available...

Hmm... is that the new version for the PC? It looks a lot better than the PS2 version.

E3429
06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
MSTS can get 'interesting' once you get into the .eng files and rework a few things like hp and mass.

Pat Lorenz
06-21-2005, 10:26 PM
That sure is alot of DD40's. I wish GTA San Andereas had better view selections for the train, that the down side.

E3429
06-22-2005, 12:37 AM
One more. Who knew the DD40 was so aerodynamic? Yes, it's wrong...

BNSF_SD40-2B
06-22-2005, 01:14 AM
GTA: San Andreas isn't a train game,it's a reality game so they wouldn't take the time to design the trains because most people that play the game don't take time to look at trains like railfans.Just be happy with what you got because they don't have trains in GTA: Vice City.

This is the last game of the GTA series. :cry:

Super2000
06-22-2005, 04:49 AM
I place empty cars on the RR crossing , back up the train and pull forward and SLAM into them.Sometimes I put multiple cars on the crossing at a time.
Sometimes I just drive around and people sometimes drive around the crossing and if I'm close I'll hit them.I never thought of getting out to see if they're dead but you know the GTA series I'm sure they die sometimes.

They evidently didn't look at an engine closely because the SD40-2 has the door on the side of the cab instead of in front.

I can't figure out how to detach the cars from the train. Maybe I have to be doing an actual mission or progress further into the game to do that. I've barely started.

They actually did a good job detailing the locomotives, aside from using a Dash-9 frame and trucks with an SD39/SD40 style carbody. It would be especially nice if in-cab views were available...

Hmm... is that the new version for the PC? It looks a lot better than the PS2 version. PC version, yes.

I think the cab doors are placed on the sides because of the way the game handles the vehicle-entry and exit animations. The locomotives are treated like other vehicles, so the doors have to be on the sides. They're also limited to two lights, so only the ditch lights (on the F40) or short hood lights (on the SD40) come on.

MSTS can get 'interesting' once you get into the .eng files and rework a few things like hp and mass.
MSTS = Microsoft Train Simulator, right?

ssw9662
06-22-2005, 12:37 PM
MSTS = Microsoft Train Simulator, right?

Yes (10 Character Limit...)

Robbie
08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
:( Sad Sad Sad!!!

mtrails
08-17-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm guilty of placing up to six cars at a crossing for the train to smash into. When in the train, I just wish I could sound the horn!

thats nice but i wanna to know is this one GTA4 or GTA5 ?
mohamed
Labeled: San Andreas, but can be considered GTA5.

BNSF_SD40-2B
08-17-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm guilty of placing up to six cars at a crossing for the train to smash into. When in the train, I just wish I could sound the horn!

I believe you can sound the train horn just like you can with the cars and trucks.I forget what button to push.........it might be L3 or R3.......at least thats the way it was in GTA:Vice City.