PDA

View Full Version : Changing CTC

Pat Lorenz
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
I dont know how many people here are subscribers to Railroad magizines but i thought i would bring up something that has made me a rather happy reader. CTC Board is one of my favorite magizines, Dale Sanders (editor) has now gotten rid of the news section completely on the June 2005 issue and follwing issues. Dale has also re-worked alot of the magizine with new sections. I really like the new layout of this already great magizine, it goes to show that news sections in magizines really are a past time now with the internet. All the different forums give news as it happens rather than a month later. Although i am happy that the wasted space of news section in CTC Board is gone, the thing that made railroad magizines news different from the internet news information is 'facts'. Magizines had correct and postitive information from excellent sources where as the internet is just what other people think, or you get half the story. I will miss that part of the magizine but i would much rather have 12 more pages of railroad pictures than month old news! What does everyone else think about this? Does anyone subscribe to CTC? Do you think others (railfan & railroad, trains) will follow?

I found this thread from another RR forum online. It kinda talks about this type of topic. Its a very deep and involved thread, very long. I guess if you bord then it will be interesting.
http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6645&page=1&pp=10

ssw9662
06-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Sounds great!

I'll have to pick up an issue of that soon. 8-)

BNSF_SD40-2B
06-29-2005, 11:50 PM
I won't subscribing to ANY magazine that eliminates their news section.I like this in magazines.I am happily subscribed to TRAINS magazine where their still is news in the magazine.

I have a few CTC Board magazines and I think the news is the best part.The loco news was cool since it gave info on where engines were going after being sold etc.,...

Ween
06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I am happily subscribed to TRAINS magazine where their still is news in the magazine.

The only problem with TRAINS is their news is so darn late. I think it was the May or June issue that talked about the new BNSF logo...already after the competition to choose was over and the new logo was plastered all over the internet. It's just a bit dated is all...

I picked up a copy of TRP (The Railroad Press, I think) that comes out every quarter (every 3 months), and it looked like a solid production...

ssw9662
06-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Yep, The Railroad Press.

TRP is my favorite rail magazine, the photos are awesome.

The reason I can take or leave news in mainly photography magazines, the internet will take care of that for me.