Check this:

http://www.emergencyemail.org/homeland2005.asp

Rich

BNSF_SD40-2B
07-08-2005, 12:00 AM
I guess this doesn't affect me tomorrow.I'll be in the middle of nowhere :p

ssw9662
07-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Oh crap, I'll never get a photo of an NJT F40PH before they get retired.

Good thing I live on a freight railroad, I really hope NJT doesn't get that service to Phillipsburg now. While I have heard about the attacks in London and feel terribly sorry for the victims and their families, just the thought of making the photography ban even worse makes me sick.

What next, is the FBI going to enter my house and burn all my slides? That way we're going, that's next.

Ru1056
07-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Well they elevated the threat level again. Looks good doesn't it. Just put this on the even bigger pile of threat memos and alerts. They are getting closer and closer to the USA with this type of attacks.

What next, is the FBI going to enter my house and burn all my slides? That way we're going, that's next.

Yea, and they will take all your guns too. :roll:

Ween
07-08-2005, 03:58 AM
They are getting closer and closer to the USA with this type of attacks.

Well, they already got us with trucks and airliners on our own turf. Turning a blind eye isn't going to make it stop. Fortunately, I don't think England is going to put its tail between its legs and run away from the problem like Spain did after their trains got blown up.

I hope that attack and the deaths of all those innocents in London sends a clear message to the G8 leaders. But I doubt it will; somehow it'll be blamed on the US, as usual. And if you can live with that, then I feel sorry for you...

E3429
07-08-2005, 04:15 AM
somehow it'll be blamed on the US, as usual...

Yeah, I'm waiting on that. I give it a day til that cry hits talk radio...if it hasn't already. F the numbnuts who carry out attacks like this.

busyEMT
07-08-2005, 02:46 PM
somehow it'll be blamed on the US, as usual... Yeah, I'm waiting on that. I give it a day til that cry hits talk radio...if it hasn't already. F the numbnuts who carry out attacks like this.

It has already happened - on the same day no less. Just as how the American Industrial Revolution (including dirty diesel locomotives) upset millions of years of perfectly stable global climate; America created terrorists that never existed, by going into Iraq (including dirty SUV Humvees).

Keep vigilant trackside. Politeness will go a long way, even if the police use some lame "it is illegal to take pictures here" line.

quiksmith10
07-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Terrorist that never existed?

Do the names Uday, Qusay, and Suddam ring a bell?

As far as police presence being high trackside, I will continue to railfan in the same spots as I usually do. If the police has a suspicion about what I'm doing, I will clearly explain myself and comply with what they ask me to do. After all, they are just doing their job.

Brandon Smith

Ru1056
07-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, they already got us with trucks and airliners on our own turf. Turning a blind eye isn't going to make it stop. Fortunately, I don't think England is going to put its tail between its legs and run away from the problem like Spain did after their trains got blown up.

Hopefully not, I think that gave the terrorists the idea to try London. Blair's rating actually went up when the Olympics were announced for London in 2012, so hopefully the people will rally behind him. These seem to be differents, as far as I know, they were not any suicide bombers involved.

As far as turning a blind eye, I know for a fact that the goverment sends out memos almost weekly. Usually these do not have a specific threat or are not very detailed. And this is a shame, but most of the people who probably recieve these just get numb to them, and the one they do recieve with credible information will be ingnored.

I would think as long as you stay out of places you do not belong, and if questioned, be co-operative, you should be fine.

dsktc
07-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Actually, Ween, the Spanish people, who strongly opposed
their country's involvement in Iraq, voted the ruling
party out of office. That's called Democracy.

Spain, by the way, has had more experience dealing with
terrorists than we have.

Dave

[QUOTE=Ween]I don't think England is going to put its tail between its legs and run away from the problem like Spain did after their trains got blown up. QUOTE]

Ween
07-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Actually, Ween, the Spanish people, who strongly opposed
their country's involvement in Iraq, voted the ruling
party out of office. That's called Democracy.

That may be, but it sends the wrong message. It encourages the terrorists to blow up more stuff seeing as how the bombings achieve the terrorist's desired results. The people may have got their wishes by getting rid of their government, but it doesn't solve the problem of the group a-holes who go around blowing up innocent people in the name of Allah...

Back on topic:

I'll be trackside in less than a week, come hell or high water. And if I get any guff from the fuzz, I'll politely tell him from where I have just returned...