PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share these photos.

hoydie17
08-04-2005, 05:06 AM
I recently went on leave to visit my family in NY and decided to go do a little bit of railfanning on my home turf.

Snagged this going away shot of CSXT Q621 in Norwood, NY, with all CN power on the head end, pretty common up there actually. Too bad they don't like going away shots here, but I thought it was worth sharing with the forum.

On the average we only get about manifest freights per day up there, so it's kinda difficult to get the sun and the angle to come together. :(

Funny thing about it, the 3rd unit CN #5295; I shot a picture of that engine in Cumberland, MD only 2 months earlier. Interesting how these engines get around the system.

Also got a picture of a couple of Wisconsin Central units, including one #6503 which was dedicated to Richard B. Ogilvie. Rare to see WC units in upstate NY, although, it's probably getting rare to see them anywhere.

Originally, I wasn't going to submit the WC unit's picture, as it is front coupled to another engine. But I decided that the fact that it's a fallen flag RR, with a special scheme, and being unpatched, made it worth the effort. Worst they can say is NO right? LOL

Questions or comments are more than welcome.

bnsf sammy
08-04-2005, 05:53 AM
awesome pics, i think you might want to submit them to the database! good color!

hoydie17
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Tried the WC unit, rejected, apparently oversharpened and poorly cropped, with the front coupled issue to boot.

Once again, not sure I like this whole front coupled rejection thing. Just seems a little bit mundane to reject an otherwise good picture. It's not the photographer's fault they lined the motors up that way.

Sure if it was a CSX AC4400 or something, no big deal, but for a rare unit like these? Only one picture of this engine already in the database and it's from a different angle.

As far as the CN units, it is a going away shot, not too convinced that it's good enough to get past the "going away shot" rule. Good for the personal collection though.

hoydie17
08-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally, I wasn't going to submit the WC unit's picture, as it is front coupled to another engine. But I decided that the fact that it's a fallen flag RR, with a special scheme, and being unpatched, made it worth the effort. Worst they can say is NO right? LOL

Guess I made myself sort of a hypocrite by starting the thread about front coupled rejections. But it would be interesting to see what that kind of rejection is supposed to prevent in the grand scheme of things.

mtrails
08-08-2005, 11:13 PM
The SD-45 is one of my favorite locos, and the WC is my favorite scheme on them. My second favorite SD-45 scheme is SSW.

Thanks for sharing!