PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Trouble!!! Please Help!!!

hoops
08-07-2005, 01:53 AM
After a few hours of railfannig, I go to look at my pictures on my camera, it says corrupt data. So I turn it off and then turn it back on and try again, now there are no images. Are the photos permanantly gone or can I save them? When I put the memory card in to see if it would load any pictures it said my card was not formatted.

NicTrain35
08-07-2005, 02:46 AM
I'd say it was a bad memory card. This happened to me once. I went out and bought a new one (Sandisk 128 MB) and it worked fine.

rbenko
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Google a search on memory card software - I beleive there are programs out there that can (possibly) get your images off the card. Good luck.

NicTrain35
08-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Happy Birthday Keegan! :)

hoops
08-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks Nick.

E3429
08-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I had one show as corrupt when I was reviewing some yesterday. I just deleted it then and there and everything else went fine. Might want to try that if it happens again. But I do recall reading somewhere about software that can retrieve images in cases like that. Good luck.

E

mkuchta
08-08-2005, 02:10 AM
http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

First bet is a corrupt FAT, not a bad card (but check the card too).

-matt

Donna
08-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Google a search on memory card software - I beleive there are programs out there that can (possibly) get your images off the card. Good luck.

Yes there are, the first one I ever heard of was one called Red Cross. This one was used to rescue over 260 pictures taken on a railfanning trip that a friend of mine deleted from my card when he was trying to download them into his laptop. :( Luckily his friend owns a camera shop and had the program on his computer at the shop and retreived them from my card.

Sometimes I will have a picture show up as corrupt, all I ever do is delete it and when I am done with all of my pictures on my card, I always format the card for the next time out.