PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions...

przyb
09-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Since there's no specific thread where one could get some advice about rejected photos I am forced to create a new one...

I'd like to ask you if you think that it's possible to get this photo: http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=165708 accepted. I keep getting Bad Cropping and I can't crop it closer because it will destroy the whole concept of this shot. And what do you think? Is it any good.. I was trying to find a lil' bit different composition in this shot...

Waiting for your response...

P.S.
It would be really great to create one sticky thread for the whole "improvement of rejected photos" discussion, because there's like one milion of seperate threads, all concerning this subject...

Ru1056
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Perhaps crop some off the top of the photo and maybe some from the left. I really like the photo, but the train seems lost in the photo. A tighter crop might be better.

cmherndon
09-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I keep getting Bad Cropping and I can't crop it closer because it will destroy the whole concept of this shot.

Maybe you should explain that in an appeal.

NicTrain35
09-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Nice shot. I like the reflection. Like Billy said, I'd crop some off the top and left (I'm not really the expert on cropping ;)). Take care.

Edit: Didn't see Caleb's post until after I posted mine. Like he said, you can also appeal it.

Ween
09-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Neat shot, but I think the train gets kind of lost in the scene.

It would be really great to create one sticky thread for the whole "improvement of rejected photos" discussion, because there's like one milion of seperate threads, all concerning this subject...

I would shy away from just making a Rejections Only subject a Sticky thread just because it would turn into the longest thread out there. A seperate forum for rejected help as the very first forum that users can click on would generate more success both in terms of people seeking help (it's the first forum they see) and people trying to help them (the forum concept would give each reject it's own thread as opposed to building one huge thread)...

przyb
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Perhaps crop some off the top of the photo and maybe some from the left. I really like the photo, but the train seems lost in the photo. A tighter crop might be better.
Nice shot. I like the reflection. Like Billy said, I'd crop some off the top and left (I'm not really the expert on cropping ;)). Take care.
Worked like a charm... Thanks! :-D

[photoid=119073]

Ween
09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Very nice!