PDA

View Full Version : need ahelp

dodi4200
09-16-2005, 05:16 PM
hi all my friends
finally i get adigital camera BENQ DC E300 wats your opinion about it?
when i try to catch pix for trains with it today at about 6:00pm (there is no sun) the pix were very bad and i canot read the loco number.
also i were use super fine mode and the most high resolution.
but i were setup the camera into cloudy mood.
wat can i do now? can i try into sunny day or what?
im really afraid from being some thing wrong in the camera .
also the camera is 3 mega pixles.
and help will be appreciated.

Frederick
09-17-2005, 06:37 PM
- How high was the exposure?
- Did you move the camera while taking the photo?

hoydie17
09-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Better question might be:

- What were you focusing on?

If it's a point and shoot digital camera and you didn't point the camera at the closest subject it probably focused on the background (in this case the sky).

P&S's have problems with sky as they cannot determine when the sky is actually in focus.

Best thing to do is go back to that spot, or someplace else and make sure you focus on a solid object.

dodi4200
09-18-2005, 09:08 AM
there was written with the exposure(+0.0) what is that mean frederick?
about the move of my hand may be i moved it.
also i will try to go to the spot again and take pix again and see what will happened.

Ru1056
09-18-2005, 05:34 PM
there was written with the exposure(+0.0) what is that mean frederick?
about the move of my hand may be i moved it.

The exposure +0.0, is how long the shutter is open. If you go into the negative, say -1.0 it will hold the shutter open longer, thus allowing for more light. However the camera will pick up every little movement, even the slightest hand movement. The higher you go, the faster the shutter speed.

Have you tried reading the instructions that came with the camera? That would probably give you most the answers you are looking for.

Frederick
09-18-2005, 08:32 PM
For a sunny day, you would want to use -0.3 to 0.3 for the exposure, depending on the amount of light. On a semi-cloudy or a day with low level of light, you might want to use 0.7 or 1.0.

dodi4200
09-19-2005, 10:43 AM
i tried to catch some other pix it was so nice and nice detailed .
i tried also to keep my hands static so i think that the problem was with the move of the hand.
but i have another question.
if the train was at afast speed will that make the quality of the picture bad?

hoydie17
09-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Depends on shutter speed. If your shutter speed is slow, and the train is fast, it can cause an effect called "smearing".

As a rule of thumb, the faster the train, the faster the shutter speed should be.

dodi4200
09-19-2005, 02:53 PM
the maximum positive value for the exposer here in my camera is +1.5 and the minimum negative also is -1.5 is that maximum positive value gives anice shutter speed?