PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a photo in the database

iCe
10-21-2003, 03:55 AM
I have a photo in the database that I want to replace with a newer and better version.

Is there a way to do this while possibly retaining the view count?

Can any admins help me?

Thanks in advance,

E.M. Bell
10-21-2003, 06:12 AM
The older photo can be deleted, but the views will go with it...it would not be fair the keep them afterall, they would not be for the new photo...eh??

Just upload your new image, there is no reason for us to start deleteing material just because someone has a "better" version...

Chris Starnes
10-21-2003, 06:32 PM
In the future, there will be a photo re-upload feature where photographers can upload better versions of the same image (better scans). That is on the 'list' of things to add as time permits.

Thanks,
Chris

iCe
10-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Ok, then

I'm will upload the new version right now.

Thanks guys

iCe
10-21-2003, 08:07 PM
wow! that was fast,

already accepted :D

here it is:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=36502

If admins or screeners change their mind (because they are practically the same photo), please delete this one:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=36258

This photo has an editing mistake in the top left corner, which has been fixed in the new upload. 8)

iCe
10-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks to whoever got rid of my old photo.

I like this shot a lot, so I want the people to see it at its best! :D

Chris Starnes
10-22-2003, 03:24 PM
No problem. Hopefully we'll have this reupload feature online before too long so we don't have to do it this way.

Thanks,
CTS

Trainman51
10-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Chris and Chris i Have a few technical Q's for ya'll:
What OS is the server Linux?
What is the Base for the databaseing portion MySQL, or Oracle?
And i belive it is php programming am i right?
and the reason i am asking this is i did some work in SQL Oracle and php last year in school and will offer my help if needed!

iCe
10-28-2003, 10:11 PM
I believe it's MySQL and PHP...OS, I'm not sure. But then again I'm not Chris. :D :twisted: