PDA

View Full Version : Processing Software

JBCagle7073
12-31-2005, 04:27 AM
I'm looking to upgrade to a more comprehensive image editing software than what came with my HP camera and some of the stuff that came on the computer that basically does the same thing.

I'm downloading Photo Finale as we speak, but I'm also looking to get something even better if necessary. Any sugguestions as to what to look into getting?

Any major pros and cons of what you use/ reccomend.

There are just so many programs out there I don't know where to start, and I want something that I'm going to be happy with for a long time since I'll be spending quite a bit for it.

Thanks in advance

dsktc
12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, the industry standard is still Photoshop.
That said, it is not as user friendly as my Paint
Shop Pro 7.0, so I finish processing with the latter.

If your budget does not allow for PS CS2,
consider Photoshop Elements 3:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/adobeelements3/

Dave

I'm looking to upgrade to a more comprehensive image editing software than what came with my HP camera and some of the stuff that came on the computer that basically does the same thing.

I'm downloading Photo Finale as we speak, but I'm also looking to get something even better if necessary. Any sugguestions as to what to look into getting?

There are just so many programs out there I don't know where to start, and I want something that I'm going to be happy with for a long time since I'll be spending quite a bit for it.

Thanks in advance

Bryan Jones
01-01-2006, 02:35 AM

Thanks in advance

Pickup a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0.. Its a very capable program. I'm currently using version 3.0 and just got 4.0 for Christmas but have not loaded it onto the computer yet.

Bryan Jones

bah
01-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I've been looking at RawShooter Premium 2006 from Pixmantec for my editing software. Has anyone had experience with it or know the pros/cons? The whole software field is very confusing.

JBCagle7073
01-01-2006, 07:01 PM
The whole software thing is a bit confusing. Photoshop is the standard, but there's so many other programs out there. Thanks for all the feedback.

alan-crotty
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi,

Photoshop elements 4 is very good, it even includes photoshop album which allows you to catalogue your phots. The album will also handle off line data such as CDs and DVDs, so you only have to keep thumbnails on your hard drive, the original files being safely backed up on optical media.

Alan

VirginiaSouthern
03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
If you're interested in Photoshop CS2, send me a pm.

dodi4200
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
im using aprogram called PICASA its anice program thats very easy to use and for fixing pix.its powered by google and here is the link if you wanna download it
http://picasa.google.com/

SP3197
03-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Picasa is a neat little program. It is however missing any kind of sharpening tools.

hoydie17
03-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Picasa is a neat little program. It is however missing any kind of sharpening tools.

Look under the "Effects" tab, you'll see "sharpen" in the upper left hand corner if I'm remember correctly. (I'm using PSE 3.0) now.

The downside is you can only sharpen in phases, there is no in between point, or fine-tuning for sharpening.

Sean

SP3197
03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Look under the "Effects" tab, you'll see "sharpen" in the upper left hand corner if I'm remember correctly. (I'm using PSE 3.0) now.

Oh OK, I see it now. I looked all over for that. For a free program, Picasa is really good. For myself though, I use Photoshop CS.

dodi4200
03-16-2006, 03:49 PM
the best thing that all railfans donot work on one program so we can share our experience in the programs and its tools.
i think that if all railfans or all people used one program other software companies will lose alot of money.