View Full Version : Used Canon Rebel XT Needed

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Afte reading all the latest threads about purchasing digital cameras I have decided to buy a Canon Rebel XT body. I have no where near the amount needed for a new body, so I was wondering if anyone had a reliable used camera dealer? Im hoping the price goes down considerably before April before actually purchasing it but I'm starting my research early. Thanks for any information.

02-04-2006, 04:37 PM
They're fairly new, as camera models go. I doubt they'll drop much in price for a long time. Your best bet is probably Ebay for a used one. A camera shop is gonna probably gouge you pretty good on the price since they're high demand. You never know, though. Also, check out your local pawn shops, and let them know you're looking for one.

02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
One option, if you can't put all the money out at once is to finance it. That's what I did with mine (through Dell).

02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
You might want to check B&H Photo. They sometimes have some refurbished cameras for sale. Also, if you wanted for some reason to go the new route, they probably have the cheapest price in the business for a new camera. I have also heard some good things about B&H.

02-04-2006, 10:15 PM
I have also heard some good things about B&H.

Ditto. A buddy of mine orders all his cam stuff from them.

02-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Profeel has the best price (I think) and they have a 9.66 out of 10 store rating.

I would not recommend making such a large purchase on eBay. Make sure the seller is reputable, and has 98-100% feedback. Also, look at the things they've sold in the past... if they've only sold things of little value, it's possible they may not follow through on the auction. If you pay less than $700 for a body, you're definately being scammed.

There is a huge scam based out of Brooklyn... these guys have opened up almost 50 different web sites. They offer 'too good to be true' prices... do you know why? They are gray-market, and stripped down, so you have to buy all kinds of expensive accesories that should be included. They also have rude customer service and might not even deliver your item. I checked resellerratings and about 1 out of 100 customers are satisfied. Avoid them like the plague.

Sites run by them include infinitiphoto.com, bestpricecameras.com, J&K camera, and amphotoworld.com. There are dozens of others, but be prudent and check out the site you're buying from.

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
02-05-2006, 01:06 AM
I was watching one auction on ebay today but it got out of my price range.

I ordered my last camera (Fuju Finepix S7000) on Profeel for $411 meanwhile B&H was selling it for $699.95. That looks to be where I'm goin for this one too. The price is about $846 including the 18-55mm lens kit.

I got scammed by a company out of NY on the S7000 before finding Profeel. I guess I know who the person in charge of that was.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for good deals on ebay, but if nothing too good shows up by April, it looks like I'll be giving my money to Profeel.

I use B&H for just about everything else from filters to lenses to film, and they have never disappointed me. Their prices are unbeatable on everything but cameras, unfortunately.

02-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Dell has it for $899, buy on-line get 10% off.

Save The Wave
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
I've found KEH to have a fair selection of used Canon stuff, but no XT at this time.

02-11-2006, 04:50 AM
I retract my previous statement about Dell. If you can get hooked up with B&H financing. They have the cam for alot cheaper than Dell. And with B&H you get the cam w/ a lense for less than the body alone on Dell. Wish I had known about B&H before I bought mine. Oh well, live and learn.

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
02-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. After days of research Profeel has the kit (including lens) for the cheapest right now.

02-12-2006, 12:54 AM
no matter who has it for what, if it's reasonable on the price, or even a tad high i still buy it. i won't buy the kit, who wants that el-cheapo 17-55, only good for limited applications. i got that with my other body kit, which is why i didn't duplicate.

02-12-2006, 03:37 AM
18-55mm (aka 28-85 in 35mm) is a really good range IMO. Its all I had for 2 years before I got my 70-300 (aka 100-450 in 35mm on digital..)!

02-15-2006, 01:38 AM
I just got the new eos rebel xt from KEH with the lens kit. They told me that the used ones won't be available for a while in massive quantities since the camera just came out in the fall. They do have a good selection of the 6.0 mp in silver and black most of the time. One thing to look out for is the body alone price and the price with the lens kit!

02-15-2006, 02:44 AM
I know of a reputable dealer that sells the XT for a cheaper price than the used one's on 'KEH' or whatnot.