PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Northern Railway

justinking
02-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Does any body have any information on this line? I have a job interview with them monday afternoon and may end up working on their track crew or on their scenic train system. I know they run F7s and gp9s but does anyone know how much frieght they haul, places to see the railroad running anything like that.

Strasburg_fan
02-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi Justin,

The best place to start would be the scenic train's website, www.gettysburgrail.com. They have alot of great photos and information on the railroad line, plus a guide to points of interest along the tracks (be sure to check out the "Highlights of the Excursion" page). Good luck on your interview on Monday!

-Christian S.

justinking
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the website. I went up, talked to them. I doubt I got the job but it was fun to hang out up there for awhile, just a bunch of railfans running the railroad. I watched them switch alittle, sat in the cab of a GP38 while they worked the yard. It would be awesome to get the job. Wish I would have brought my cam. Quick mention, the train that came in while i was in my interview was hauling an empty hopper and 6 or 7 Hazmat tankers. I also found out that they ship alot of fruit products from the Motts plant outside of Gettysburg. Last year they did only 2,500 car loads. Just in case anyone was wondering.