PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Photos in Photoshop 7

ICE 4200
11-01-2003, 07:41 AM
Hello Everyone. I am new here. I am just wondering how i can make my photos 800x600 in photo shop. I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

Jeff Pluemer
CO-Owner of J&J Photography :D

Click Here (http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1339) to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Bob
11-01-2003, 03:07 PM
To change image size in PS7, once you have loaded the pic into PS, activate the "image" selection in the menu bar. Scroll down to "image size" and click on it. You will be at the Image Size interface. The WIDTH size should be highlighted and your cursor will be blinking at the end of it. At the bottom of the interface make sure the "Constrain Proportions" box IS CHECKED (it should be as that is the default mode). Then simply put in the size you want, in this case 800, and you will see the HEIGHT will change to 600. Click OKAY, save, and you're good to go. HINT: to make pictures load quicker on the web, when you save, do a "Save for Web" save in the FILE menu.
Hope this helps.

busyEMT
11-01-2003, 06:22 PM
I use PS 6, but I am sure 7 has "Resize Wizard" as well. Across the menu bar Help > Resize image... This has a function for online or print and opens the resized image as new document. Although it only resizes with "constrained proportions."