PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

Ken Carr
02-25-2006, 08:50 PM
not complainting just asking for suggestions where to crop since this was rejected for poor cropping, thanks in advance for any ideas...Ken
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=218148

bnsf sammy
02-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Less top and bottom. There is just wasted black space there. Nice shot!

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
02-25-2006, 11:15 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! Thats a killer night shot...I love it! Attached is my take on how it needs to be cropped. Notice I took out a lot from the left even though I understand why you were leaving them there its why you got the bad croppign reject. If you had cropped this shto prior to uploading it,it woul dbe interesting to see. Hope this helps you. Again great shot.

Ken Carr
02-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks all I tried your suggestion Andrew and cropped out the rear of the train along with alitle around the edges and the reply was more rejection items along with bad cropping, hence I'll save the shot for myself. But thanks for the ideas maybe next time.

willie6622
02-26-2006, 03:02 AM
I think if you can take as much off the bottom, & still make something close to 1024x680-786 it would mke it.

BTW:
Nice shot.

ddavies
03-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Trying to get the image to fit the rule of thirds. ;-)

quiksmith10
03-01-2006, 03:14 AM
I believe Ken's idea was to incorporate the reflection of the locomotive lights on the passing autoracks. If it were me, I would crop out some of the stacks behind the train to bring more of a focus to the front of the locomotive and the reflection.

ddavies
03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I didn't like the lights beyond the auto racks. ;-)

Unfortunately, the front of the engine is in the middle of the picture, you just have to crop something to get it to one side or the other (and up or down a little).

cmherndon
03-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I believe Ken's idea was to incorporate the reflection of the locomotive lights on the passing autoracks. If it were me, I would crop out some of the stacks behind the train to bring more of a focus to the front of the locomotive and the reflection.

I believe you're right. Cropping into this "rule of thirds" BS that has been spoken of would cause the photo to lose some effect since the head end of the passing train wouldn't be totally visible. IMO, cropping out part of the other train makes the photo look worse. I'd say that the cropping issue is the foreground more than anything. There's also some ghosting in the middle of the frame. That's more than likely a terminal problem, although I could be wrong on this.

mr_mathyou
03-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey nice shot. However you end up cropping it i jsut wanted to thow my 2 cents in that i really like the starts in the sky so dont crop off too much of the sky. the bottom and a bit of each side could go if needed. Excpet for the ghosting from the engines headlights the shot turned out awesome. =D
~matt