PDA

View Full Version : Duhhhh, I need some help Please

British Rail
11-09-2003, 02:48 AM
I had another picture rejected :roll: . . And since I'm new to trains in general
and still have a LOT to learn, could someone please explain what this
rejection message means. (It's been a couple of days so I cann't link
to the picture.)

"" Photo Submission Results:

Photo ID 6573 was rejected from the database.
Railroad: Norfolk Southern
Locomotive: GE C40-9W (Dash 9-40CW)
Reason for Rejection: Front coupled roster shot ""

Does it make a difference :shock: if it is coupled in front or back ? ?
(Guess it does ! Otherwise it wouldn't have been rejected :D )
But why does it make a difference ? Is the "front" the cab end ?

Thanks

mu23
11-26-2003, 03:48 PM
It's an American hardcore RR photo buff thing; they get pedantic at times - most times, actually. It will never change, you ether have to join the True Believers or go your own way. As William Blake wrote, "I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's."

mojo628
11-26-2003, 04:11 PM
It's an American hardcore RR photo buff thing; they get pedantic at times - most times, actually. It will never change, you ether have to join the True Believers or go your own way. As William Blake wrote, "I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's."

Amen Brother!!

oltmannd
11-26-2003, 04:13 PM
It's an American hardcore RR photo buff thing;

One of many!

They DO accept front coupled roster shots - there have been quite a few uploaded lately - if the subject isn't too common.

The "front" is nominally defined as the cab end, even when the real "F" end might be at the long hood end.

If you REALLY want to stir things up, ask about which film to use. You could start the Kodak vs Fuji war or even the Kodachrome vs. all E-6 film war. It's almost as bad as Coke vs. Pepsi.

-Don (who drinks both Coke and Pepsi and doesn't care)

mu23
11-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Coke and Pepsi? You're a wildman Oltmannd! :lol:

petertenthije
11-26-2003, 08:09 PM
Virgin Cola

(do they still exist?)

E.M. Bell
11-26-2003, 08:28 PM
here is a earlier thread that also discusses the virtues of roster shots. And yes, as pointed out by mu23 , there is a "set standard" that applies to rosters, with very few exceptions..ie, rare or obsolete power...which brings up a point, we currently have no screeners (that I know of) that are that familiar with internatiional power, so it might be a good idea to state in the comments if it is something rare.

check out this thread for more roster shot conversation... http://www.railpictures.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=383

Now, as far as coke and pepsi go... neither can hold a knuckle aganst a Ice cold bottle of ALE-8 One... a true KY tradtion... Nothing better than a Ale 8 and a moonpie for a track side snack :)

iCe
11-26-2003, 08:59 PM
I like Sprite! :D

Bob
11-27-2003, 12:17 AM
I'll take Henry Weinhardt's Root Beer any day of the week, month, year, decade, century, etc., etc.!

mojo628
11-27-2003, 12:43 AM
Hmmmmmm....... 'round here we like to naw on a rib bone or two with a Coke while trackside listenin' to EP. :P :D

Thankyaverymuch!

iCe
11-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Hm....when I railfan I just wait under the grilling sun or in the freezing cold, staring into the distance, trying to see the headlights. No food, no drinks, no scanner. :(

mu23
11-27-2003, 01:19 AM
I hadn't realized that "pedantic" and "set standard" were synonymous, but then again, I hadn't realized people mixed KY and ale.

Guilford350
11-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Hm....when I railfan I just wait under the grilling sun or in the freezing cold, staring into the distance, trying to see the headlights. No food, no drinks, no scanner. :(

Yep, same here. Nothing but a camera and a car for some shelter. Wish I had a scanner, though. That would be nice because then atleast you know when a train is about to come.

Oh, and I like Gatorade :D