PDA

View Full Version : Green Goat In So Cal.

bnsfnut4924
04-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Yesterday i was by the tracks and a train stopped in the distance. I started walking toward it, and the closer i got the more i noticed that the second engine was green. I started thinking to myself, what railroad runs green engines. As i got closer i noticed that it was a switcher. When i finally got up to it, it was the green goat. The bad thing is that i was on the wrong side of the tracks, so the picture has a shaddow on the side of the loco that i was on. Also, it was the second loco, and i don't know if RP.net will accept locos that aren't in the front.

I'm posting one pic. I have more and you can e-mail me if you would like to see them. You can also leave a note on here and i can post more.

John Fladung
04-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Sure, I'd like to see more! I remember seeing this engine in detail in the January 2006 issue of "Model Railroader" magazine (in the center of the magazine). Also, to answer your question about wether or not RailPictures.net will accept pictures like this I would say generally not, here is the rejection reason you would generally see for this type of picture:

- Front Coupled: Roster shots with front coupled locomotives are generally not accepted.

bnsfnut4924
04-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Sure, I'd like to see more! I remember seeing this engine in detail in the January 2006 issue of "Model Railroader" magazine (in the center of the magazine). Also, to answer your question about wether or not RailPictures.net will accept pictures like this I would say generally not, here is the rejection reason you would generally see for this type of picture:

- Front Coupled: Roster shots with front coupled locomotives are generally not accepted.

Thank you!!! I have been trying to remember the issue that the green goat was in, now i all i have to do is find it. (HA)

Here are some more pictures. Unfortuently, I had just stopped by the tracks right after school and didn't have much time to get that many different angles because i needed to get home inorder to write two essays due the next day. But now i think, Wait a couple of min. until it leaves or go home and write two essays. Now i regret going home.

I have a few more and will add them soon (I hope)

bnsfnut4924
04-08-2006, 06:48 AM
I forgot, do you want close up shots because i have a few.