PDA

View Full Version : Washington Street Wye

jaanfo
04-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I got some Surfliner action on the Washington Street Wye tonight... The shots weren't exactly planned out as it was all sort of sudden, but I'm going ot try and upload a few. Apparently this is a fairly regular thing... iit sounds like they will do it again tomorrow night. The crew backed a six-car train with a PV on the end down the Wye, dropped off the PV, then pulled the train back out onto the main, ran around the wye, and picked the PV using the front of the locomotive, backed onto the main again, and shoved the PV to the station. really interesting to watch. The PV was equipped with ditch lights and an almost adorable horn, it was really amusing seeing it pass by leading a train.

Unfortunately for photography purposes, it's a very barren, trashy, dark, and cluttered area, and the proximity to the MCRD makes it hard to photograph without pissing off the MP. I probably won't try to film it tomorrow unless I'm really bored.

bnsf sammy
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Probably did that so it could return northbound with the cab car leading.

jaanfo
04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
No, they turned the PV around so the porch was pointed south

jaanfo
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
*flooded message*

bnsf sammy
04-24-2006, 03:37 AM
No, they turned the PV around so the porch was pointed south
Exactly, so that way they can return the car northbound, and the guests will still have their porch trackside way.