PDA

View Full Version : NHIR 'L&C' Spring Photo Charter

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
05-11-2006, 02:20 AM
This past Sunday (May 7) was the NHIR 'L&C' Spring Photo Charter, the last chance to see #40 in Lancaster and Chester livery.

Here's how my day went -

First shot is of the second run-by at Lahaska:
[photoid=143658]

Next up is the best run-by of the day, shot from the tie pile at Buckingham Valley:
[photoid=143670]

This photo is from the hill at the sod farm in Wycombe:
[photoid=143673]

Next are two from Rushland Trestle of the second and fourth run-bys:
[photoid=143652]
[photoid=143660]

During the lunch stop I took this at Wycombe:
[photoid=143761]

It was back to Little Italy after lunch were I took this on a reverse move:
[photoid=143762]

We headed further south from there to Rushland where we stopped at the rock cut:
[photoid=143887]

Going north again we stopped at the sod farm once more to shoot from the west side:
[photoid=143659]

Heading north again was a stop at the golf course at Buckingham:
[photoid=143671]

That is currently the extent of my shots posted hopefully I will have more to share soon! Hope you enjoyed them and thank you for taking time to view them!

dodi4200
05-11-2006, 09:31 AM
great shots andrew.i can see the classic railroads in them.i like the vertical b&w vertical shot and the shot with the flowers above it.
keep up the great work and waiting the other collection.

fuente1
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Nice looking shots of the old girl. I wish we had her back on the L&C down here!

Joe the Photog
07-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Nice shots, Andrew!

Nice looking shots of the old girl. I wish we had her back on the L&C down here!

You and me both, man. I imagine she would look awesome crossing the trestle between Lancaster and Chester.

[photoid=53474]

or through the woods on Richburg Hill

[photoid=101784]

I think it would be so cool to see her back in the Carolinas.

Joe

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
07-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I think it would be so cool to see her back in the Carolinas.

Joe
WOW! I could only imagine...that'd be a helluva charter. Like the commercial says (for what, I don't remember).."Hey, you never know". It would be worth a trip from ANYWHERE to see that. What if we bring it up to both parties? ;-)

Joe the Photog
07-14-2006, 02:27 AM
I don't know how far along it was, but I have heard from various sources down here that this was looked at in 1996 when the L&C turned 100 yrs. old. But it was decided it would cost too much. I have never found out what the NH&I thought of the idea and how receptive they may have been to the idea. The #40 has actually been in Pennsylvania longer than it was ever in South Carolina or even North Carolina on the Cliffside. I never say never either though, even though I think the fat lady has already sung and sat back down on this one. But every once in a while, I do look at photo spots and angles on the L&C and think to myself, "That #40 would look awesome there in good light."

Joe

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
07-14-2006, 03:24 AM
I never say never either though
Same here! There's always the lottery or that long lost rich relative with the $20million estate...