PDA

View Full Version : Auto Dragged 7 miles by train

NSFan14
05-11-2006, 11:26 PM
A Wisconsin & Souther train was struck by an auto in Waupun Wi. and dragged seven miles b-4 the crew knew anything was wrong.
According to "Watertown Wisconsin DAILY TIMES", about 11pm, a 24 year-old man drove around several cars and struck the seventh car from the rear of the 30+ car train. The auto was lodged against the train car and was dragged over seven miles before police contacted the railroad and stopped the train. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. The crew was unaware anything was wrong until stopped by the police.

busyEMT
05-12-2006, 04:55 PM
It amazes me that people will crash into the MIDDLE of a train! The past winter there was one incident I can understand... sort of. Icy conditions made a crossing slippery, and the auto slid into the cars of a passing train. But to not realize the occupied crossing.

tomt
05-12-2006, 07:28 PM
remember the teenage girl that was wating for the train to pass,
then a dumb sh- er, super bright fellow ran in to her car, pushed
her car into the train, drug 'er for three miles- well you know-
least she dide'nt die.

fuente1
05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Darwin wins again.

Warren
05-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Here's another one.

Man killed by train may have been turkey hunting
By Heather Ratcliffe
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
05/12/2006

A man who may have been turkey hunting was struck by a train and killed in a remote area of south St. Louis County this afternoon, police said.
The victim was wearing camouflage and carrying a shotgun when a train hit him near Christopher Drive and Riverwinds Court about 1 p.m. He died at the scene.

Police were unclear why the man had been near the tracks. The St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s office will conduct an autopsy to determine how he died.

St. Louis County police were investigating. They declined to release his identity pending notification of relatives.

NSFan14
05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Here's another one.

Man killed by train may have been turkey hunting
By Heather Ratcliffe
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
05/12/2006

A man who may have been turkey hunting was struck by a train and killed in a remote area of south St. Louis County this afternoon, police said.
The victim was wearing camouflage and carrying a shotgun when a train hit him near Christopher Drive and Riverwinds Court about 1 p.m. He died at the scene.

Police were unclear why the man had been near the tracks. The St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s office will conduct an autopsy to determine how he died.

St. Louis County police were investigating. They declined to release his identity pending notification of relatives.
WOW Thats Sad To Here But He Souldnt Of Been Around The Tracks

lucky77
05-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Here's another one.

Police were unclear why the man had been near the tracks.
Those are train tracks, not turkey tracks!!!

johnabaker@onetel.com
05-21-2006, 08:43 AM
I bet that knocked the stuffing out of him!
John B.

johnabaker@onetel.com
05-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Junior member indeed!
I'm 67 and a great grandfather, to boot.
John B.