PDA

View Full Version : Curses! I've Been SCOOPED!!!

LAHDPOP
05-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Looks like Pete Ruesch and I had the same idea on May 27th, INRD's first day of operations on its newly acquired "Chicago Sub" (CP's former Latta Sub). We both took similar shots of INRD power in Van Yard; his featured the "VAN" sign; mine featured the Canadian Pacific signs:

[photoid=145675]

[photoid=145686]

Then we both shot the Z002-27, "The Zoo" as they were calling themselves on the radio, as they headed north. It was INRD's first move north on their new trackage rights, and it looked like they were evacuating CP power from Latta Yard. Pete had the better angle on this impressive consist, and it got accepted to the database:

[photoid=145676]

Mine attempt turned out to be better suited for my "personal collection:"
Personal Collection (http://lahdpop.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=387619)

As much as I'll miss the SOO SD60s and the Bandits, it's gonna be nice to have the INRD move into these parts. They seem to be a first class operation, and their power is going to be a nice compliment to the regular CSX and UP(blech) colors.

Nice shooting, Pete!

cactus65
05-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Nice pics both of you, have couple of questions for ya tho.
Will the INRR be using the CP's trackage rights all the way to Chicago on the CE&D? And have you heard anything about the possiblity of Dbl. tracking the Northern part of the Division( IE The Woodland Sub) from Danville Il, to Woodland Jct. heard a rumor around town about that possibilty recently

LAHDPOP
05-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Will the INRR be using the CP's trackage rights all the way to Chicago on the CE&D? And have you heard anything about the possiblity of Dbl. tracking the Northern part of the Division( IE The Woodland Sub) from Danville Il, to Woodland Jct. heard a rumor around town about that possibilty recently

The sale included the trackage rights, but I'm unsure how INRD will use them. Originally I had read that from Terre Haute to Chicago, INRD would just use CSX Haulage. Then recently I heard that INRD would in fact run the trains themselves under the trackage rights agreement. Since I've not seen the latter in writing yet, I'm still leaning toward the haulage agreement, at least until they get their feet wet running their new subdivision. Of course, take my info with a grain of salt, because I'm just a railfan, not a RR insider.

As far as double tracking the Woodland Sub, I'm not sure. I'd read CSX 2006 work plans that talk of "increasing capacity" along the corridor, but that doesn't mean any of it will be double tracked. I know they were looking at lengthening sidings, and perhaps adding some sidings.

cactus65
05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the help, Brett. Guess I need to keep a look out for INRR power heading my way, tho most of the CP's run-thrus were nocturnal in this area

Save The Wave
06-01-2006, 03:53 AM
As far as double tracking the Woodland Sub, I'm not sure. I'd read CSX 2006 work plans that talk of "increasing capacity" along the corridor, but that doesn't mean any of it will be double tracked. I know they were looking at lengthening sidings, and perhaps adding some sidings.

They're doing a lot of work further south on the CE&D sub. Double track is complete between Princeton and Ft. Branch, supposedly to end up going all the way to Evansville eventually. There is also a lot of work going on between Patoka and Hazelton, as well as north of Vincennes.
Cant wait to get up to TH and chase down some INRD. I've driven the route between Switz City and Robinson IL a few times and haven't had any luck catching anything. Hopefully they'll have more power running on the Latta.