PDA

View Full Version : Ten Years and No Fatalities

cmherndon
06-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Pat has already posted the train list from the weekend. Click here (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3672) to view it.

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to attend the 60-hour train watch in Dupo, IL, also known as <strike>Drunkfest</strike> Railfest. It was a chance to get away for a weekend, drink cheap beer, consume slyders, rant about foamers (and liberals and liberal foamers), and shoot the UP. The photography really took a backseat to the camaraderie, and I only shot just a handful of trains. Yes, Ween, I have stooped so low as to shoot the UP now.

A few of us ventured from Dupo on Saturday to visit the scenic jewel of Illinois, East St. Louis. This might have possibly been the funniest part of the weekend. Just imagine three white guys in a truck driving through the ghetto while blasting some retads attempting poetry (quickly displaced by AC/DC once we were out of the ghetto).

All in all, it was an awesome weekend with no foam to screw it up. I've put together a page with a few photos. On this page, you'll find the great, the not so great, and the utterly disturbing. If you are easily offended or have no desire to view disturbing material, I cannot be held responsible if you choose to click this link.

That said, click on the link below to see the photos.

2006 Dupo Spring <strike>Drunkfest</strike> Railfest (http://www.cmherndon.com/lighterside/duporailfest/spring06)

I hope y'all enjoy, and thanks for looking!

4kV
06-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Yes, the ole sparkler bomb. The bomb was a dud. We really needed about 10 times the amount of sparklers in that thing. Next time, we'll get it right.

All in all, it was an awesome weekend with no foam to screw it up.

We strive for a low phoam factor, preferrably zero as it was this time.

It was a chance to get away for a weekend, drink cheap beer, consume slyders, rant about foamers (and liberals and liberal foamers), and shoot the UP.

Don't forget the Maker's Mark and the real reason we flock to Dupo, the Spivburgers.

http://www.ikemeyer.com/misc_images/SPRING_2006_Railfest.jpg -- Scott Ikemeyer

The photography really took a backseat to the camaraderie, and I only shot just a handful of trains. Yes, Ween, I have stooped so low as to shoot the UP now.

This was certainly one of the best ones in that aspect. I think the only train picture I took was the rainbow shot I took for Ween, in fact. I certainly wasn't quite fit to take any night shots Friday. Well, OK, I was taking shots, but they weren't pictures of trains.

cmherndon
06-14-2006, 03:56 AM
Don't forget the Maker's Mark and the real reason we flock to Dupo, the Spivburgers.

Ah yes. The Maker's Mark that's cheaper in Illinois than it is in Kentucky. Blasphemy I say!

The Spivburgers were awesome, though. Spivburgers, Slyders, and cheap beer: Always a good combination.

Ween
06-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Yes, Ween, I have stooped so low as to shoot the UP now.

Well, at least you were invited to attend. Hell, I used to live there, and I never got the call. I guess Pat confused me with the Kirkwood Krew and misread the foam factor. Or maybe it's because of me and the UP, I don't know. Aside from the UP, it's right up my alley: AC/DC, burgers, gay pride autorack shots, and fat, naked men. Well, not the last part, but it sounded like a blast. I'll keep checking my e-mail for Dupo 2007, just in case...

4kV
06-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Well, at least you were invited to attend. Hell, I used to live there, and I never got the call.
If I would have known you, you would have been invited. It's a long drive now. Maybe you can fly in, land in the adjacent cornfield.

VirginiaSouthern
06-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Great pictures! Some were definitely disturbing though. :shock:

Looks like you guys had a great time and its always great to keep the foam from little to non-existent.

Thanks for sharing Caleb.