PDA

View Full Version : Brian ---

LAHDPOP
07-09-2006, 06:30 AM
[photoid=150569]

Nice shot. So how far north did you make it Friday?

Save The Wave
07-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Not very far north. Worked between Sullivan - Dugger - Jasonville - Linton - Switz City and Beehunter. Spent the night in Linton but didn't have much luck Saturday morning. Stuff was moving but I couldn't figure out where they were.
Beehunter seems the place to be though, between ISRR and INRD, lots of action in and out of there.

LAHDPOP
07-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Sounds like fun. I need to get down to Beehunter one of these days. One day I'm gonna look back at how close I was to such diverse railroading and kick myself for not getting out more. It really hurt my railfan traveling when my then-5-yr-old decided he hated it.

Spent the night in Linton, huh? Hmm. I've never asked the wife for an overnight kitchen pass for railfanning. If I suddenly disappear from the forums one day without another word, you'll know I asked and it didn't go well. :)

Save The Wave
07-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Wife? I haven't found a chick stupid enough to marry me yet (fortunately?).
I stayed at the Linton Hilton & Towers (aka the Park Inn) for the princely sum of $40. Got to like that.
I've posted a bunch of 2400x res pics on Webshots, stuff that won't make the cut on RP if you want to see what else I found...

http://community.webshots.com/album/552102985WUqVPO

We will have to set up a meet in that area some time and go on a good chase!

LAHDPOP
07-10-2006, 09:47 PM
... (fortunately?). !

You don't even know... :wink:

We will have to set up a meet in that area some time and go on a good chase!

Nah. My wife won't let me go out and play with other railfans. She says they're a seedy bunch and can't be trusted. :D
Seriously, that sounds cool. Between the INRD, ISRR, and CSX, we should be able to keep ourselves busy for the day.

And by the way, if you're ever heading for Terre Haute, let me know. Even if I'm working and can't get out, I'll give you some tips for the area.

EDIT: Hey, WEEN, you're invited! We'll schedule some ARCTs in Red Hills MOA with my guys, and y'all can land, RON, and make a quick trip out of it.

EDIT #2:
Brian, nice pics from the area. I think the last time I took pictures in Dugger was the INRD Santa Train a couple years ago, from about the same spot as yours above:

Ween
07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
EDIT: Hey, WEEN, you're invited! We'll schedule some ARCTs in Red Hills MOA with my guys, and y'all can land, RON, and make a quick trip out of it.

That sounds like a good deal and the Active Duty frowns on such things!!

LAHDPOP
07-11-2006, 01:50 AM
That sounds like a good deal and the Active Duty frowns on such things!!

Yeah, I know. You need to come over to the Dark Side. Go Guard or Reserve at Grissom, Scott, Milwaukee, SUX, etc. I would suggest you transfer to fighters and come to Terre Haute, but we got BRAC'd pretty bad. :-x :-x :-x