PDA

View Full Version : CSX..does this make any sense?

slackaction
11-13-2003, 08:11 PM
They give hundreds the boot...and now....

CSX buys $1 million worth of Super Bowl tickets

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - CSX Corp., which earlier this week announced it was planning to cut as many as 1000 non-union employees from its ranks, agreed recently to purchase $1 million worth of 2005 Super Bowl tickets. The game is to be held in Jacksonville, the headquarters city of CSX.

“These were two separate decisions made after a long and thoughtful process,” said CSX spokesman Gary Sease. “The first was to restructure our company to better serve our customers and meet the long-term needs of CSX. Secondly, we have a responsibility as a leading corporate citizen in Jacksonville to support one of the major events, the 2005 Super Bowl, that will happen in this city’s history.”

The tickets were provided by Jacksonville XXXIX, an organization that is selling corporate ticket packages to raise funds to finance improvements in the football stadium, home of the NFL’s Jaguars.

nsrayman
11-13-2003, 08:55 PM
wish they would give me a pair of tickets !

S.C. Vermillion
11-13-2003, 09:25 PM
My picks!

NS 24 CSX 7

HEHEHEHEHE!!!

E.M. Bell
11-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Thats just big buisness... they wil luse those tickets to give the big wigs and shippers a day on the town...stuff like that goes a lonnnnggg way towards customer relations....and a mill is a drop in the bucket for a big company!!!

Himphill
11-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Its not that bad of a move. Those football tickets will go a long way to improve relations with the shippers, which CSX sorely needs. I am sure that a lot of the major companies have spent a lot more than than on the same event.

The fact that CSX cleaned house really has nothng to do with this subject at all.

Chris Starnes
11-14-2003, 12:02 AM
I think the timing of their purchase of Super Bowl tickets just comes an a bad time after the restructuring notice which was sent out only a day before. The media (railfan media, anyway) has jumped all over it.

Like has been said before, this isn't that bad of a move. Running a company the size of CSX isn't always about running trains only - lots of 'back scratching' going on behind the scenes that most people never see!

CTS

Aaron
02-21-2006, 03:19 AM
I think it was a great idea too....

Drop a million dollars in tickets, then they will go off and scalp them make $100M. Its called business! Ha, I wonder do you think them big wigs enjoyed the game?

VirginiaSouthern
02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Holy Thread Revival Batman!

quiksmith10
02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Wow! That has got to be a new record for bringing up a new thread. A thread that was over 2 years old.

Aaron
02-22-2006, 03:56 AM
well you know! I have to catch up!