PDA

View Full Version : National Train Simulator

peeceedjns1
11-16-2003, 12:04 AM
Is there an on-line rail-sim? What would it take to link a state to state Train simulator, whose members would log on and run trains of their liking.Any size, along routes that exsist in the real world. Microsoft just isn't enough! Does anybody feel what I mean? :D :D [/b]

Guilford350
11-16-2003, 04:15 AM
I know exactly what you mean. :D Now these days just about every game, of all types, can be played online. Microsoft Train Simulator 2 is coming out real soon, so maybe there will be some sort of online thing incorporated with it...? Well, I hope so! If not then that is definately what I would like to see in future train games. :twisted:

jdrtrainwatcher
11-18-2003, 04:02 AM
I would like to see Microsoft(or any company)come out with a certain game for each railroad.Such as have a game NS game,a BNAF game etc.In each railroads particular game,have every route of that railroad.Such as for the NS game it would have the Piedmont Division,the Lake Division,the etc.It would be the same way for BNSF,UP,CP,CN,and CSX!What do all of you think about this?

Guilford350
11-18-2003, 12:24 PM
I would like to see Microsoft(or any company)come out with a certain game for each railroad.Such as have a game NS game,a BNAF game etc.In each railroads particular game,have every route of that railroad.Such as for the NS game it would have the Piedmont Division,the Lake Division,the etc.It would be the same way for BNSF,UP,CP,CN,and CSX!What do all of you think about this?

I think that might be better because it would be easier to focus on certain details from a particular railroad. Also, the size of the game would be greatly decreased. Right now, Microsoft Train Simulator is about 1.8GB. I estimate that if we put all the rail lines and railroads together, the size would jump to somewhere's around 10GB. So focusing on one railroad might be better.

Still, I would love to see an online train sim! :)

N5VAV
03-28-2004, 05:47 AM
TRAINZ is planning an online play section in the future.
Basically, a route can be put "online", and a HOST will host the route and can either run or dispatch, with others joining in to operate.

Not active yet, but it is in the works, and I'm looking forward to it!!

busyEMT
03-31-2004, 02:42 PM
I found this site months ago, http://www.vnerr.com/, but have yet to join. It is a virtual railroad, with scheduled shifts; it includes a stock market, bank and ratings due to experience and safety. Maybe they have a "transcontinental" railway in the works.