PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark X83 Resolution

ATF1224
11-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Is there any way to turn up the resolution on a Lexmark X83? My pictures are very grainy after I scan them.

E.M. Bell
11-17-2003, 02:21 AM
You should have that option in your scanning control panel, or on the import screen from your image editor.

I have a Lexmark X73 that I have used for a couple of years and love it...just wish they made a slide adapter for it!

mu23
11-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Try this page at Lexmark http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi it has all the utilities, drivers, etc for the X83 with Windows XP, if your running something else you'll have to repeat the search. There should be a program in your computer, assuming you used the CD that came with the X83 which will let you choose the scanning resolution along with a bunch of other tweaks; check that first, then go to www.lexmark.com, which is a good idea anyway. Few people realize that printer, scanner, etc companies often update, patch, and upgrade their drivers at least once in a product's lifespan, often resulting in greatly improved performance - it's a free upgrade. I have an X85, very similar, and a great all in one device that makes fairly nice scans, especially in B&W, but it is a budget all in one device meaning you are using a thirty dollar scanner and you'll never get anything real sharp - never. It's not meant to produce a high quality photographic reproduction, it's a home office device. If you value your pictures and have invested any money in your hobby, you may want to look into a dedicated flat bed scanner. However, using the software that came with the device should improve your scanning results dramatically. I got a Canon 5000F and the difference in the scan quality was enormous, though I like Lexmark's default grayscale better. There are many great scanners out there to choose from and they aren't very expensive anymore. Do some research: www.tomshardware.com or www.techtv.com or www.stevesdigicams.com are all good places to start.