PDA

View Full Version : Man Sleeping On Tracks,Killed By Train

NSFan14
08-11-2006, 09:55 PM
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A 43-year-old Louisville man was struck by a train and killed Friday morning.

Deputy Coroner Jack Arnold said Ronald Roberts had fallen asleep on tracks in the 3800 block of 7th Street Road in Louisville, reported WLKY NewsChannel 32.

Arnold said the engineer reported that he attempted an emergency stop, and although the train was only traveling at 22 mph, it was too late. Arnold said the victim suffered multiple injuries.

J
08-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Happens a couple of times a year. Seems intoxicated persons often believe that rails, ties and ballast are a comfortable sleeping environment.

NSFan14
08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
LOL If They Think Rails Ties And Ballats Are Comfortable LOL There Messed Up But Yea Thats Stupid Who Would Sleep On Railroad Track WAIT I Know I Very Toxicated Man

NS 2557
08-12-2006, 02:26 AM
The stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Some how tracks are comfortable? :lol:

Matt Rivers
08-12-2006, 05:19 PM
When you're fall-down drunk, ANYTHING is comfortable. :D

Joe the Photog
08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
You'd be surprised -- maybe -- that the none of the dead people on railroad track stories I've shot for the news around here, none of them involved alcohol. There's been people walking the tracks, people running through signals and one railroad crew killed in an accident.

Joe

hoydie17
08-13-2006, 05:27 AM
When you're fall-down drunk, ANYTHING is comfortable. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself Matt. *hiccup*

I've slept in the bed of my truck, on a park bench, in a bus stop shelter, on top of a tunnel portal, amongst many other things.

It's funny how when you're snot slinging drunk, just the notion of lying down, regardless of what it is you're lying on, would be considered superior in comfort to standing up.

Sean

J
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
August 20
Owensboro man killed when struck by train

OWENSBORO Ky. (AP) A western Kentucky man was killed Saturday as he slept on railroad tracks and was struck by a train, officials said.
Timothy Paul Cox, 34, of Owensboro just after midnight Friday from multiple blunt force traumas, Daviess County Coroner Bob Howe said.
Police said Cox was lying on his back with his head on the tracks and did not move when the train sounded its air horn.
"Mr. Cox laid down on the railroad tracks and apparently went to sleep," Howe said.
Joseph Edward Hering, of Owensboro, was asleep in a nearby ditch when police arrived at the tracks. Hering said he tried to move Cox off the tracks, but "couldn't remember anything after that," police said. Hering was charged with alcohol intoxication.
Howe said both men may have been drinking.
Police said the train, which included two engines and 19 empty cars, was headed for the Owensboro Riverport Authority and Dart Polymers for "yard work."
The 600 ton train was going about 25 mph within the speed limit for the city when it struck Cox, and the crew used its emergency brake in an effort to stop before striking Cox, police spokesman Jeff Arntz said.