PDA

View Full Version : bad cropping help

becker
08-29-2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=283473

Another photo cropped very similarly to this one (but a different train) was accepted right away. Appealing this one didn't work either. Any suggestions? Thanks! :-)

dodi4200
08-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I think that you need alittle more sky and also more room size for the train in front.Also i think that the pic need to be leveled about 1 degree to the left but you may get another rejection of high sun angel as you can see that from the shadows in the loco.

Ween
08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
It's a pretty in-your-face shot that feels a little cramped. Also, the wires at the top of the shot are a little distracting. Like dodi said, it is leaning to the right, but I'll disagree with the high sun part...the sun is more on the face than high as shown by the shadow of the chain above the pilot...

dodi4200
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Yea you are right Chris.This shot isnot suffer from high sun.I just looked to the trucks and the ladder in the face of the loco.

Switched out
08-30-2006, 03:10 AM
I'll throw a spanner in the works here and say it needed to be cropped tighter to eliminate the distracting items on the right of the the loco and the wires above.

The image was also a little under exposed and needed a little adjustment. I also lightened the shadows a little, tweaked the color slightly, sharpened and re sized and attached image here.

Cheers,

Christine

Christopher Muller
08-30-2006, 04:15 AM
Way too close. If you have a shot with it a little further away try that. May have to stand on the other side of the road next time.