PDA

View Full Version : Photo size in Microsoft Picture-It Express.

tbookout82
11-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Does anyone know if you can set photo size in Microsoft Picture-It Express? Such as to 800x600 pixels for this site? I am not sure how to do it, if you can. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Guilford350
11-19-2003, 12:29 PM
That's was I use for resizing my photos. Its easy. I don't have the Express verison, I have the Publishing 2001 version. Hopefully there isn't too much of a difference between the two.

1. Click "Size & position"
2. Click "Change page size"
3. Change units to Pixels
4. Set your width and height. Make sure you have "Maintain proprotions" checked or else the image will become out of shape.

That should do it. Good luck! :)

tbookout82
11-20-2003, 09:46 PM
My version does not have the "change page size" option. Maybe I just need to get a better version or a new photo editing software. The express version is probably a cheap featureless edition because it came with the windows software on the computer. Thanks

Guilford350
11-20-2003, 10:53 PM
My version does not have the "change page size" option. Maybe I just need to get a better version or a new photo editing software. The express version is probably a cheap featureless edition because it came with the windows software on the computer. Thanks

I was hoping that there wouldn't be much of a difference between the two but it seems there is.

It would be a good idea to get a decent photo editing program. As a last resort you could always use Paint but I wouldn't recommend it. You can also try a downloadable trial version of Photoshop and see how you like it before you buy it.

E.M. Bell
11-21-2003, 12:22 AM
Adobe photoshop.....thats ALL you will ever need :)

Bob
11-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 is also a very good program.

tbookout82
11-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Thanks to all who have replied. I may try Photoshop or Elements, or at least a better version of Picture-It soon. I did begin investigating the program that came with my HP scanner and it allows you to change the image size in pixels. For the time being I have been using the HP program for scans of slides and prints. It has been working well since I scan everything that I submit, for the time being anyway. Maybe I'll get a better digital camera sometime so that I can post digital pics from the start. For now I'm still shooting Kodachromes (which I really like), Ektachromes, and some prints. Thanks again!